The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trigger in mine seems to have gotten heavier over the years. I was thinking about dropping the trigger out to see if has gotten gunked up clean it. Is there any issues with taking it out and getting it back in.? I dropped the trigger out an 1100 years ago and had a world of problems getting it back in which is why i'm nervice.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Punch the two pins out, take note where the leaver on front of assembly is located for reassembly. Pull up and forward on trigger guard to remove, spray down assembly with a cleaner, I use carb cleaner. dry with rag, light coat of rem oil reassemble, good to go.
Contrary to what a lot of people say, a good gun smith can lighten and smooth the pull on a Remington pump too.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
A few years ago my son had a gunsmith "Stone" the trigger on his 760, I believe is what he called the procedure, said it made a great difference in pull.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The main problem with stoning or filing trigger components to lighten the trigger pull is that the case hardening on these parts is usually only a few thousandths thick. If you take too much off, it will start developing a burr and that is when it becomes a ticking time bomb if not re-hardened. Most trained gunsmiths I know won't do this.

A good thorough cleaning of the trigger group is probably all that is needed.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Can also replace the spring...I've done my pumps..the 7600s for whatever reason doesnt make a ton of difference IMO..

My 760 I did..it changed it amazingly.itnbroke very nicely after I swapped the spring..

They come out easily...I do have to play with them to slide them back in..just be careful and take your time..dont try to pound it in or anything..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dropped it out and sprayed down with some cleaner and went back together no prob. It didnt look dirty but I think its a little better. Wont know till I shoot it. I might check out replaceing the spring.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts