The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i wouldn't call it rare necessarily. they made 31,325 of them from 1968-80. they do seem to command higher prices than the '06's, 270's and 308's that you see more often though. that combo would be a nice deer gun. i see them go for upwards of 7 bills so if you can get it a lot cheaper you may be getting a good gun that will appreciate too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is my 760 in .243 and its a tack driver with Black Hills Ammo featuring the 95 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip bullet. My scope is a Simmons AETEC 2.8X to 10X in Leupold base with Millett sculpted rings. I've also taken this rifle west for mule deer and it is a deadly shooter. Just a myth that mule deer are tougher than whitetails. A good shot into the chest organs finishes the job every time.

TR

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
remy120777 said:
For it for $275, only has 20 rounds through it
you got a heck of a deal. you could double your money with not much problem. shoot that thing and post some pics.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
thats a classic. the 760 in a 35 rem is in my opinion the best gun for the majority of PA deer hunting. i have a 7600 35 carbine i call The Meatmaster. i have gotten my best bucks with it.

·
Registered
21,440 Posts
pumpgun said:
thats a classic. the 760 in a 35 rem is in my opinion the best gun for the majority of PA deer hunting. i have a 7600 35 carbine i call The Meatmaster. i have gotten my best bucks with it.
What what make a .35 rem better than say a .308,being as they were both offered in the same rifle?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
From 1955-1980 I'd have to say the greatest proportion of whitetails taken in PA were harvested with one!! I remember being in large groups of drivers, posters and whatever and everyone was carrying one.. They were used almost exclusively in my area and by a wide wide margin. I myself used one for the first ten years 68-78 and harvested 10 bucks in a row off the same tree with the same rifle/scope and ammo type.. my dad bought that rifle in bar for $55.00 and the best part is my son killed his first buck with it in 98....they are and were great hunting rifles..truely some great shooters also.. mine was an ole' 06...

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Too bad that6mm is not marked 244 remington..they are worth some serious cash... the difference if my memory serves me correctly was the rate of twist in the barrel..it was very slow in the .244 and wouldn't stabalize the 100 grain bullets but I saw one back in the early 70 that shot 1/2 inch groups with 85 grain bullets.. either way..great rifles!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts