The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the "Pennsylvania pump" users, I have a question. Bought a pretty decent 760 this evening, and cannot find a year of manufacture for it. The serial number does not begin with a letter like most I've seen. On the receiver above the mag well, the number begins "707...". On the barrel, it is stamped with what looks like a "T X T" with "33" stamped onto the barrel right near it. All the info I can find gives info for the serial numbers with letter designations in front. I believe it is the BDL model, not the basket weave model, and not the older 50's and 60's models. I'm guessing mid 70's to early 80's when they brought out the 7600 it would be made. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses, and I did look at that chart retired rusty before I posted, but not sure I can get anything from it. I can rule out the "T" because that would mean a late 90's 7600, so it's probably either an "X", or maybe a "V", so 1973 or 1979. I can try to post a picture later. No wifi so I'd have to use the phone to get a URL.

·
Registered
455 Posts
T would be for 1970 and X would be for 1973 and V as 1979 as you stated. The months of manufacture spell out the word BlackpowderX so based on the that T would not be a letter used to designate the month of manufacturing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts