The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever see this rifle or happen to own one? I wasn't even looking for a new rifle, but happened to come across this gun the other day. I don't believe its ever been shot. Hands down the nicest Remington rifle I've ever seen. It's the 2006 anniversary edition. Has a walnut stock with a stainless fluted barrel and custom engraved plate. I really want to buy it, but I don't know if I could bring myself to walk through the woods with it. My two current rifles have taken their licks from walking through the woods with them, which is the primary reason my current 30-06 is camo synthetic and stainless. I'm not a gun collector, so I'd hate to buy this and just have it sit in my safe, especially considering the cost. I'm torn...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
There's a pile of these around in various calibers. The limited run this year is in 35 whelen. If I wasn't gun heavy now I'd be getting one. For the most part guns are a poor "investment", their worth is in hunting them and using them no matter how valuable which won't matter when you're gone. African PHs hunt with double guns worth $30K plus for God's sake and we worry about a few dents and scratches on an $800 gun??????????? Buy it, use it, put some dents and scratches on it, and if there is still anybody hunting at that point, pass it on to relatives. But that's just me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Beautiful rifle, I contemplated putting some money down for one around 2009-10 if I remember right. Hey, if you have the money and like it, then get it for the collection. It's a Rem 700 after all, and as nice as it is, it's still one of the best hunting rifles ever made, use it!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought one of the non cataloged .264 mag SF. They only made a handful for Big Rock Sports a few years ago. I believe it will have significant value in the future. I am still going to hunt with it. I bought a Bell and Carlson stock for it and mounted a stainless Nikon 3x9 in stainless rings. Can someone tell me how to post a picture?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.