The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walmart nearby me has model 700 bdl and cdl for $597 pretty good price!!! They look just like my uncles bdl from the early 90s just wondering if they are the real Remington quality you will find at a gun shop? I don't think they are a special run kinda deal because they have the green Remington tag around the barrel and they are very very fancy just looking for advice may purchase one in .300 win mag

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Same gun. How times have'd changed. I bought a winchester 300 win mag at walmart for 325 15 years ago and kill 7 elk with it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
They are the same as mentioned above. I got one of the BDLs in .270 from them llast summer and have had no issues with it. That is a heck of a price too.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Havent you guys heard the gossip that wally world was direct with Remington and got all of there seconds? Also there is ammo is seconds is why it wont kill anything.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Good price there.If you have an issue can Walmart help you?I got a new gun for Christmas.Bought it at a local shop.I know the folks at Shooters Bench will help me if the need arises.Can the long haired kid with snot running out his nose do that?No he can't because Walmart doen't allow guns in the store unless they sell them and go out the door.I have carried in the local Walmarts.Better be concealed.Local gun shop has a sign.Please don't unholster your gun.They don't care if you have an open weapon displayed.Try it a Walmart.Go ahead and save a little money in the end all gun owners pay for it.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
J7knight,

As others have said, "same gun" as any other dealer. That is a great price, around $250.00 less then any other I have seen recently! Would you mind sharing what Walmart has them, PM me if you dont want to post it.

Thank you, Tony

·
Registered
194 Posts
walmart is the leader in selling of seconds for guns. that just means that there could be a scratch on the stock or something small

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
BIGFUTTY said:
walmart is the leader in selling of seconds for guns. that just means that there could be a scratch on the stock or something small
Please show me some type of proof; Like a packing slip, purchase order, factory order, ect. ect. ect. from Walmart and/or Remington that they buy/sell factory produced "seconds".

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually had gotten ahold of remington. They directly sell to Walmart no middle man Involved. Walmart sells so cheap because there's no middle man and the sales on tool automotive and paint depts are 45% higher in stores that sell firearms. Parkesburg pa Walmart sells quality rifles and shotguns cheap cheap m700 bdl $597 looked at one today it's flawless

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
My Brother worked for Walmart. They do not sell seconds. They are the same gun you could buy from any dealer.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Are they still not blueing bottom shell door on the newer ones. I remember a few years ago seeing a new BDL and everything was blued except the bottom shell door. I haver heard they are blueing them again. $599 is a pretty good price for a BDL. I mostly see them for $750-900 around me. I am going to have to drop in a Wal-Mart that still sells guns. My now gone BDL I bought in the late 80`s was awesome and regret ever selling it. I paid $399 back then.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No still not blurmeing floor plate!!! Rest of gun looks good! Barrel still isn't as high luster as the 90s models though!!

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
J7knight said:
No still not blurmeing floor plate!!! Rest of gun looks good! Barrel still isn't as high luster as the 90s models though!!
That`s sad. It just ruins what was once a great rifle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts