The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of sending my rifle in for the recall on the X-Mark Pro trigger, I decided to upgrade it with an aftermarket trigger. Which one do you guys recommend? Looks like there is a bunch with a good following
It is a .300 WSM used for target and hunting.
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I have/had Timney, Rifle Basix, Canjar, Shilen, and Jewell triggers in 700's. They were all easy to instal and adjust. The only problem I ever had was with a Rifle Basix that I could not get the creep adjusted out, they replaced the trigger with no problems. I have standard Remington 700 trigger's that have been adjusted that I find just as good as the aftermarkets, unless you are looking for a real lightweight pull.

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a timney that was installed when i bought the gun,and i can't tell the difference it and the two old style factory triggers i adjusted myself.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I think that Jewell is the better trigger out of the ones you can get, but with that said I don't think that you would be wrong by going with the cheaper Timney setup.

Mac

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Jewell makes the best benchrest/varmint triggers. On a hunting gun that's going to see dirt and hard use I will take a worked Remington or something like a Rifle Basix. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Jewell! have 2, they are very nice.
I put a 40x trigger on a 700 and its decent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know where to get a Timney trigger for a Remington 700. Since last week when Remington recalled thousands of rifles for faulty triggers everywhere I call is out so stock. I have been told by one retailer that all aftermarket brands of triggers they have for the 700 is sold out. Any ideas would be appreciated as I do not want to send my gun in since they do not have a good turn around time. Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
green1320 said:
Does anyone know where to get a Timney trigger for a Remington 700. Since last week when Remington recalled thousands of rifles for faulty triggers everywhere I call is out so stock. I have been told by one retailer that all aftermarket brands of triggers they have for the 700 is sold out. Any ideas would be appreciated as I do not want to send my gun in since they do not have a good
turn around time. Thanks

I was like you, not wanting to send my guns in. The beginning of this week I ordered to model 512 triggers directly from Timney. They were a bit more money than ordering from some of the other places but no one else had them in stock. Timney had all models for the 700 in stock they said and are alwYs building more as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts