The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad owns a .222 Remington Magnum, bolt action rifle. Do they even manufacture ammunition for this caliber anymore? The last box of shells I had to have reloaded by a neighbor. I can't find factory loads anywhere. So can anyone tell me, was this caliber discontinued? The gun shoots like a dream and is incredibly accurate.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
8 points said:
I can't find factory loads anywhere.
I have a box of Remington ammo if you're interested, however be warned, UPS shipping charges are very unreasonable unless you pick them up FTF (60 miles above Harrisburg).

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wow 70 a box! I remember my cousin had one of those and I thought that it was the greates varmit gun in the world. As accurate as my .222 and more so than the other .22 calibers, and it had just the right amount of oooommph. Now I know why he sold it!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
It's just a .222 on steroids... you should be able to find some brass or old boxes of empties at one of the Pennsylvania gun shows..I think you just missed one last weekend or maybe it's this weekend, someone on here will know..I know dies are easy to find and still resonable and shoot away..it's only a few grains of powder extra and a couple of hundred fps faster, actually it's a .223 in disguise..

checked myself...jan.22-23 Pitts. Mills mall..nice place and I'd bet you'll be able to find all the brass you want.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Yo don't give her up. look around you'll find brass. I have same deal with 220swift rounds. Loaded rounds cost as much as $25.00 to $30.. thats why reloadin is way to go. I got plenty of 220 brass so I'm good to go. I have a 222 and it's sweet, your 222 mag is a real nice .224 cal. and alot of fun hang on to it you'll be glad you did. I think ups price would mean nothin I'ed say no more then 8 bucks for like 50-100 rounds. If you need the brass it's nothin....later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts