The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ever have any issues with the 2nd shell not chambering !! (using Black Cloud ammo)
A friend of mine went Snow goose hunting and had big problems with gun.
He said it was cleaned and all ports were not clogged up. NEED HELP !!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
mine did that ,, remington told me it was the magazine spring ,it has to push the next round back HARD ENOUGH to work the mechanism to bring it up into the chamber
changed the spring and fixxed the problem , i remove the spring when stored for long periods to relieve the spring tension while stored

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Joe is right about the O-Ring. I always have a spare or two handy for my 11-87.
No modern spring should have to removed from a firearms when stored for any lenght of time. If no shells are stored in the magazine, there is very little stress on the spring.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
I also replaced the spring in my older 11-87, after about 15 years of never taking it totally apart to clean it, was rusted pretty solid, and actually had seeds sprouting in it. I'm pretty rough on them, but love the gun and wouldn't give it up for anything.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have a 11-87 I used for turkey, it that has more issues than my wife does..ha... I think its going to be getting traded in by the end of the week. If I get $250 for it on trade Id be happy. Im tired of having a single shot. Anyways good luck to your friend Ive thrown in the hat on mine.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Take it down when it gets soaked and at least before you store it for the season. Magically, those problems seldom appear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts