The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Rem 95 grain Accutips in .243 win? I was thinking about getting a few boxes for deer this year and the following years cause its about $10 a box cheaper than the nosler partition.

Is this bullet just a remake of the nosler b tip or is the jacket thicker?

sx7

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Don't know anything about it....but if nosler makes accubonds in that caliber, id go with them....tougher construction than a ballistic tip much like a partition but still has a plastic tip and opens rapidly...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
REM make a CORE-LOKT ULTRA,, Its their Bonded bullet,new.. I just bought a box, and my gun doesnt like them. If interested, i sell you the rest,,,38,, for 20.oo shipped???

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have not used the 95gr .243 accu tips. I do use the 120gr .260 accu tips. I find the federal loading with the 120gr Nosler ballistic tips shoot the same at 100 yards, same awesome performance and penetration on deer and bear, but the fed shoots a much tighter group out of my Ruger then the Rems. I just have to use the Rems more because its harder to find the Federal load. I don't see a reason to spend the money on Nosler ammo when the Rems and Fed get the job done cheeper.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bluesberry said:
REM make a CORE-LOKT ULTRA,, Its their Bonded bullet,new.. I just bought a box, and my gun doesnt like them. If interested, i sell you the rest,,,38,, for 20.oo shipped???
Whats the grain on those?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw on the rem website that they are 100 grainers. My tikka is a 1 in 10 twist i believe, i have tried 3 different loads in 100 grain with it and it liked none of them. It did like the 100 grain nosler partitions tho. Also, It did like the 95 grain b tip, but those are too frangible for my likings on deer. Based on that, IMO there is a big chance (75%) that the 100 grainers will shoot out big group. I think ill try the accutips and do some gelatin testing if i get the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts