The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Model 760 on Gunbroker and today when I got it discovered the bolt would not close with clip in place. It is striking the rear of the clip. My cousin who has owned a 760 for years says bad clips are common. Anyone have any feedback on this?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
what caliber rifle? whats the magazine stamped?

ive heard of guys having to file or bend mags in certain calibers...but not personally in the 35 whelen or the 308..i got 2 308 stamped mags and a 243 stamped mag and both feed fine and got a couple long action universals for the whelen that are fine...

can you see what is catching??

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clip is marked 30/06, .270, 35 Whelen and .280. The real of clip appears to be a little too high. Also it has a slide so the rounds can be loaded easier as it compresses the spring.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
That slide is not to make the rounds go in easier. That's a Remington 742 clip and it's a bolt stop. Get the proper clip and you'll be in business. Someone on Gunbroker who has a 742 or 7400 would be happy to take that clip off your hands.

·
Administrator
39,022 Posts
moosehunter said:
That slide is not to make the rounds go in easier. That's a Remington 742 clip and it's a bolt stop. Get the proper clip and you'll be in business. Someone on Gunbroker who has a 742 or 7400 would be happy to take that clip off your hands.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Gun shop told me same thing so I got a new clip. Gun functions very nicely with right clip. Appreciate everyone's replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts