The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What might an 1100 2 3/4" with synthetic stocks be worth,just a ball park figure. Good shape,shot very little. I just don't want to pay too much.I'm thinking $275 is a good number. Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
That would be about right for a fixed choke. You could probably expect to pay more if it is newer and has rem chokes. Good luck they are great guns.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I sold my 1100 with walnut stock, fixed choke and no rib for $325 a few year back. It was 10 years old, had 5000 rounds thru it, but looked very good.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
BUCKSLAYER15 said:
What might an 1100 2 3/4" with synthetic stocks be worth,just a ball park figure. Good shape,shot very little. I just don't want to pay too much.I'm thinking $275 is a good number. Thanks
If you plan on doing any carrying of the gun you will hate it. I had one till last week when it went back to the person who lent it to me 10 years ago. I asked him to take it back several times, and it just seemed like I was stuck with it. I hated that gun.

The weight of it caused me to hate it. It wouldn't have been that bad if the weight was more certralized, but it was muzzle heavey.

About once a year I would take it for a walk. Only once because it took me at least a year to forget how bad it stunk to hunt with it.

Not really sure on what you want to do with it, but if you plan to just hunt with it I would suggest carrying it around the block a few times. If you are much stronger than I you may not mind it.

Did I mention that I hated it?

·
Registered
335 Posts
BUCKSLAYER15 said:
I don't understand your question.

Is your question that you found one for sale and that you only want to pay $275 for it or are you saying that you are looking for one and you would like to spend $275 for it.

If that is the case - then you are going to be very disappointed in what you find for $275.00

From time to time, I see a wood stocked 1100 for about $375.00 - $425.00 - but nothing as cheap as what you describe.

To get one for less then $300.00, there would have to be something wrong with it.

Most people who shoots trap uses the Model 1100 and the only reason Remington brought it back was because the scream for new guns was so loud that Remington listened.

I have never heard anyone say that it is too heavy.
Either the person carrying it is too little, or the gun weighs more then the single shot that their dad gave them when they were 12.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was asking if a synthetic stocked 1100 that I was looking to buy would be a good buy at $275. I did buy it,it has the Remchoke and 2 3/4" chamber. I cleaned it up real good and it turns out that its quite nice. Thanks for all the info...

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
THat was a good deal you got there Mike. They are a good shotgun.

The one I had was a wingmaster that had a plain barrel with a fixed full choke. It didn't fit my hunting style at all. I do way more carrying than shooting.

The thing with the weight is that it seemed very muzzle heavy to me. After walking about a mile or so my left arm would be sore, and my left arm is a lot stronger than my right.

Maybe I'm so used to hunting with a pump anything else just seems heavy. Even my 12 gauge Mossy 500 seems much lighter to me, and it only weighs about a pound less. I can carry that all day without issue. It seems like 3/4 the weight of the 1100 is at the forend.

One nice thing about the 1100 is I can shoot it all day without pain. The recoil is all but nill. My 20 gauge pump had more felt recoil to me. The 1100 would be a great gun to hunt birds from a blind or boat.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You've met .me, at my size everything gets tired after a mile or so. It really doesn't seem heavy to me, maybe the synthetic really lightens it up. Got lucky, a guy at work needed money and it was one of the few times I had a little. Thanks for your opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts