The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came into contact with someone on a Facebook page that is looking for someone to relocate some Timber Rattlesnakes that are on a campground near Bedford. He said they would still stay on the same property, but wants them further away from the campers because of safety. I couldnt find any laws regarding relocation. If it is legal, would anyone be interested in helping? I live three hours away but wouldnt mind helping.

·
Super Moderator
13,844 Posts
I recently came into contact with someone on a Facebook page that is looking for someone to relocate some Timber Rattlesnakes that are on a campground near Bedford. He said they would still stay on the same property, but wants them further away from the campers because of safety. I couldnt find any laws regarding relocation. If it is legal, would anyone be interested in helping? I live three hours away but wouldnt mind helping.
Anyone wanting to capture and relocate rattle snakes needs to discuss their plan with the Fish and Boat Commission. It can be done but there are laws and regulations that come into play on doing it.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
And get some training and proper equipment before actually attempting it.
The last thing you want to do is get bit or kill the snake(s).
Having witnessed the immediate and lifelong lingering effects of a rattlesnake bite 45 minutes from EMS (75 minutes from antivenom), you don't want to go thru that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And get some training and proper equipment before actually attempting it.
The last thing you want to do is get bit or kill the snake(s).
Having witnessed the immediate and lifelong lingering effects of a rattlesnake bite 45 minutes from EMS (75 minutes from antivenom), you don't want to go thru that.
Are there any training courses in the area for the safe handling of them?

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Anyone wanting to capture and relocate rattle snakes needs to discuss their plan with the Fish and Boat Commission. It can be done but there are laws and regulations that come into play on doing it.

Dick Bodenhorn
Amazing...…………….

In most any other state than PA, relocating venomous snakes away from an area used by lots of people would be a non-issue

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I was under the impression that they don't survive the winter when moved away from their "den" sites.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts