The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass along that Julie and I moved to Colorado last week. We are pretty much settled in and taking care of business. We kept the same phone number and email address so the only thing that changed is our mailing address.

Have a great upcoming season.

Larry Holjencin

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Good move on your part. I know if I can ever make my residence west of the Missouri river I'm going to.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The move puts us much closer to many of our current outfitters and really cuts down on travel expenses when I check out new ones. Adding additional western outfitters is a major priority.

Been here a week and have visited with a wildlife biologist and other staff at BLM, DOW and USFS. Being closer to the action will help with the information gathering part as well.

Business reasons aside, I have always loved the openness and beauty of the western states not to mention the fine hunting they offer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Colorado is a wonderland for hunters. Best wishes for you and yours for a good life there. There are some big Bull Elk, Mule Deer, and even some big Whitetail Deer on the plains of the "Front Range". Enjoy.

I lived in Casper, Wyoming for ten years and married my wife who was living in Buena Vista, Colorado. My two daughters are living in Colorado; one in Denver and the other in Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the kind words and best wishes. Looks like it's going to be an adventure!

I really do need to be here in the office but I can see the Rockies only miles away and they are calling my name. I feel like a kid staring out the class room window thinking of squirrel hunting after school. I guess hunting keeps us young at heart even though our bodies feel otherwise.:)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I happened on this thread because I'm in the very early stage of planning an Elk hunt out west. From you're signature and you're add I was surprised that you're service is free, so I checked out your website. I'll be getting in touch with you a little more to ask some advice on helping pick a hunt. What's you're preferred method of contact?(phone, e-mail, huntingpa PM) Feel free to PM me back and I can give you my e-mail if that's the best way to start the process.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jayjaysin:

I will pm you but thought I'd post a response here as well as others have asked about the best way to contact me too. I always prefer a phone call or email over a PM or post response here for a couple of reasons. There are days I do not visit this site plus it is much harder to keep track of correspondence in a pm box vs in email. Also I always have my Blackberry with me so even if I am traveling, I can be reached via voice or email.

As for our service being free that is because we get paid from the outfitters when we book a client. If we charged more than the outfitters, very few hunters would use our service. We take a lot of the risk out of booking a hunt because I have done the research and inspections so that you book with a reputable outfitter. Repeat customers are a big part of our business. If we book someone on an antelope hunt and they have a great hunt, many times we get the call when the client is ready to book another hunt. On the flip-side, if they have a bad hunt, I may never hear from them again. Another advantage of using our service is if a problem is encountered on a hunt, you have someone on your side with some clout with the outfitter.

Thanks for the inquiry - please check your pm's.

Larry Holjencin

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Thanks Larry. I sent an e-mail. While I work out some of the details, I can bounce some ideas of off you via e-mail. If we get more serious about booking, or I have a more difficult question, I'll give you a call.

Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts