The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into starting reloading. From researching several sites and equipment reviews, I see a lot of people saying they are having difficulty finding supplies...mostly primers. Is this still the case? I would hate to invest in equipment to find out primers were impossible to come by.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I do not have a problem finding them around here. You are close enough to Ebensburg to run to CAC right off 22. They sell to the public and are the local distributer of ammo and reloading components. There phone # is (814)472-4430 if you want to call them to see how much trouble they are having getting stuff.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
overthehill said:
you should be buying your reloading equipment and supplies (powder, primers, cases, and bullets) from the same place. if they don't have both shop elsewhere.
I go to three different places depending on what I need. All three have good prices on certain things but not on everything. Go where the prices are the best!

·
Registered
771 Posts
[/quote]I go to three different places depending on what I need. All three have good prices on certain things but not on everything. Go where the prices are the best![/quote]

I take it you don't figure gas or your time into that equation.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I think a lot of things are tight, especially now. My friend used my range to sight in yesterday with factory 180s because he went 3 places unable to get factory loaded 165s. On TV tonight they reported from a few gunshops on how people were having problems finding loaded ammo. I haven't had problems getting primers in Montrose because the owner there limits the quantities he sells. I suspect after the season everything will be easier to get. Primers come in 100 packs so unless you're a high volume shooter about 5 packs could last for years. I stayed well stocked with reloading components so temporary fluctuations don't bother me. Don' think it is only reloading components. Much easier to stay stocked on reloading components than it is to stock up on factory ammo.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I go to three different places depending on what I need. All three have good prices on certain things but not on everything. Go where the prices are the best![/quote]
I take it you don't figure gas or your time into that equation. [/quote]I am not going to spend $5-$10 more for something that I can get 3 miles down the road cheaper. I do not have money to throw away like that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.