1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
7,917 Posts
I'd personally put the powder dispenser/scale on that separate little table. That way working the press won't give the scale any issues.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I added "T" tracks to my bench and very pleased with the arrangement. This link shows a pic of a similar setup to what I used -- 2 T tracks that run parallel to the front of the bench about 10" apart. https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=152985

I mount each piece of reloading equipment to a separate piece of 3/4" plywood which is then secured to the bench when needed. Allows me to swap out different equipment based on what I am reloading. It does require routing out a recess in the bench top to receive the track which sits flush.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I built a 2 shelf with 7 compartments out of 1x8's to store powder, bullets, scale, die sets etc. in its own cubby hole.

·
Super Moderator
13,217 Posts
I have my pistol Dillion, rifle RCBS, 12 ga. and 20 ga. reloaders on a heavy duty roll around table so I can get them out of the way when not in use.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I have my press more in the middle with the powder dispenser to the right. My scale and trickler between them but back further.

·
Registered
182 Posts
if it were me and those drawers are usable:

powder dispenser on the left of the drawers, and the press hanging off the right side.

my brother-in-law and I built my bench and made it more of a table so you can walk around it: looking at the same view as yours it is the powder dispenser on the left, loading block & scale in the middle then press on the right.

in the back left corner is the case trimmer back right corner is a vice so it can be cleared off for gun cleaning or gunsmithing (BIL's job) with those drawers I would try to leave them open so you can store powder, primers, bullets, ect...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much Tim, that's the opinions I'm really looking for.

So when you say off to the left with the press on the right, are you saying the entire width of the desk apart or just on the left side of the drawers which are on the right side?

·
Registered
182 Posts
looking at your setup I think I would place the powder throw to either the left or right of the drawers on the left, just above the frame so you can still get into the drawers but still have a few feet between the throw and press

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I don't know about everyone, but my bench is not just for reloading. Gunsmithing, decoy carving, motor repair, saw chain assembly... Pick something, and it's probably been done on it. My bench hasn't been as tidy as the one in the picture since I assembled it out of 2x4's.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I just got given a kitchen, so mine is tore apart and being redone. give me a month or so!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll get a new pic of my desk/bench now. I haven't mounted the powder dispenser yet though.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Here is my slice of heaven, I did recently mount my scale to a shelf on the wall to isolate it from the bench. I didn't have any issues with the balance beam scale but the digital one I got is really sensitive and any movement I made on the bench was causing instability on the scale.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'd mount the case trimmer to the end of the bench, then you can palm the handle to spin it. I have rcbs trimmers which have nice handles for that. My powder dispenser is mounted with a C clamp, when I'm not using it I move it to a shelf.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts