The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone out there explain to me why some wild animals are released back to the wild after being found to have been taken in while some are distroyed??

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I think it all depends on if the animal can adapt to being wild again. If it is dependant on human intervention to feed or live, it might have to be rehabilitated, or worse case scenario destroyed.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I think Flanuva is correct, but it also depends on the animal. If it's a species know to be a more common carrier of diseases, then they don't want to run the risk of introducing an illness into an area that might not have it.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read in the news of a bear cub that was distroyed after they confiscated hit and a 9 year old buck was caonfiscated and was beening returned to the wild. You think after 9 years this animal has no fear of hunams or other things (dogs), Do you think that animal can adapt to the wild and survive?

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I can't say, I don't know of any details in the incidents you're speaking of. There's a chance the news stories might have some facts confused; I've heard it happens.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I would think a bear raised by people would be more dangerous to the public released, than a buck (who will just get shot quickly and tagged). Though I do remeber reading about a PA buck that gored someone during rut, raised by humans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts