The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best, but affordable, release on the market today...i just noticed shooting today that my release was too small and made me flintch to pull the trigger. I ended up trying my brothers and liked it better (it had a longer shaft). So, what are some of the better releases that can be bought without spending too much money?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Ive had a trufire caliper release for years now and it has never let me down. It was pretty cheap to. Ive thought about getting a new one lately but i dont really like the style or the price of the new releases.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Depends on what your idea of affordable is. Prices range from $40 up to $200+. I'd recommend that you go to Lancaster Archery's web site and look through the ones they offer just to get an idea on what you like and can afford. I was looking there the other day (I'm in the market for a new release as well) and was shocked at how many different models are available (I'm guessing around 100).
Tony

·
Registered
727 Posts
I like the ones with a buckle strap instead of velcro. Nothing worse that trying to set up quietly in the dark and having the velcro strap sound rip through the woods.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
There are a lot of good ones out there, it is shooter preference. A good release starts in the $60 range and it will last for many many years, and you can usually resell it for over 50% of what you paid after 10 years.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I like the Carter quickie release for shooting with a loop. Truball short-n-sweet is also a very good release. My buddy likes the Scott Rhino. Check around online or ebay for some good used ones.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I shoot Tru-Ball. Great feel, trigger, strap and head rotation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts