The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday declined to voice support for Democratic legislation that would ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips.

Reid said he would bring gun-violence legislation to the floor and open it to a lengthy amendment process. But he declined to endorse the assault weapons ban introduced last week by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), which has the support of the 2nd- and 3rd-ranking Senate Democratic leaders............

Republicans have raised doubts that Reid will even bring gun-control legislation to the Senate floor. Reid helped defeat an effort five years ago to renew the federal assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004.

Reid dispelled the GOP speculation.

He said he has told his colleagues he will do everything in his power to “bring legislation dealing with guns and violence, generally, to the floor”............

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/279895-reid-declines-to-endorse-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I don't know it might be too good to be true. A kind of ploy if you will. Good cop bad cop. Feinstein introduces a bill that goes over the top and Reid comes in and says I can keep them from doing an all out ban but you gotta work with me and give me universal registration, universal background checks, and a magazine capacity limit, etc. I don't trust any of them.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Reid knows if he supports gun control legislation he is done. His state has lots of gun owners.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remember. he has an A rating by the NRA.... they got him through the primary with a reomendation last time he ran and just sort of let him battle it out in the general.

But Reid knows, he is toast if he goes against the NRA.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
This is what I've been saying for a while. Even though The Regime thinks that whatever he says is gold and the Right caves to him every time, this time, the left is against it too, so......

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Let's just hope there's no more mass shootings anytime soon! OR, we will have more grandstanding and victim parades by The Regime. Nevertheless, this may be one thing, FINALLY that The Regime won't get its way.

Correction. Let's not have any more mass shootings, ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts