The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple yotes i stretched last winter to have tanned...i left them fur in....now, i kinda wish i would have turned them fur out...i only have 1 i really want tanned..the rest are regular colored yotes..this year i should have a little pile of fur..so will likely take it all to get it sold...

Any ideas on how i can turn the dried pelts without tearing them?? Is it possible? Or too late?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
What I have done is take a wet bath towel large enough to wrap the entire pelt. Let it soak for 20 - 30 minutes and you should be able to turn with little problems.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lugnut, i have sent everything out in the past....just afraid i cant produce a nice.soft tanned pelt without tons of work....right now i only know of 1 black and yellow yote i wanna tan...but would like to turn them all fur out and see before i.decide anything...

Thanx longbeard...didnt know if something like that would work or not but figured there had to be ways...cant be the first time someone didnt get fur out pelts turned before they were too dry...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts