The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know land is cheaper up there. I thought i heard that the reason had something to do with Gun laws? Can someone expand on this a little?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have a buddy who bought a old farm in Allegany county . No livable buildings on it 125 acres for $85,000 back in 2005ish with the plans to build a small cabin on it, still no cabin due to the $9,000 in taxes he pays on it already.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
mgdrobert said:
Thank you for the input. Hear i thought it had to do with a strange gun law.
I don't think gun laws have much to do with any price difference you see but I could be wrong. Taxes like others said.

·
Registered
355 Posts
We have a 2000 sq ft place, 40x40 pole barn with 120 acres...roughly $8k/yr in taxes.

Handgun laws are pretty darn tough, but have nothing to do with land prices.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
idk... Seems the southern tier NY taxes aint much different then here in southeast Pa to me. I mean clearcut pays like $13 a day for all he has. I dont think you could lease what he has for that price here in Pa.

·
Super Moderator
2,546 Posts
Just a perspective on taxes, 100 acres on the Wayne / pike line , Pa with riverfront (paupack), shabin, a small barn and a 36x36 building with well is under $1k with clean and green

·
Registered
870 Posts
Taxes on land not to bad in NY till you put up a camp and not live in it. Then your hit hard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts