The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Refletching arrows

I am going to refletch my arrows and was wondering if anyone has ever messed with arrow wraps I was looking to get Blazer wraps and put Blazer vanes on them. Will I see a decrease in arrow speed and will I have to move my sights at all? Has anyone experienced a difference when they installed wraps? I have always used Blazer vanes with good results.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Re: Refletching arrows

I didn't notice any change in flight, but the bad thing is if you need to replace one blazer you have to strip everything off and start from scratch.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts

I used orange and yellow blazer wraps on this last dozen. There was no change at all in speed or performance from my Buckmaster G2 with drop zone rest. If you go from 3 to 4 fletch, I noticed a 1 inch drop at 45 yards. Hope that helps.

Buckmaster G2 set at 62 lbs. 264 ft/sec.
5575 Gold Tip XT Hunters 28"
Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest

·
Registered
336 Posts

Another issue I had was I didn't have a drop away rest when I first did them and the prong from my rest made gouges in the wrap.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

I use wraps for hunting for visibility with no problems at all
No speed drop no moving my sights

I don't use them for 3D or feild but wouldn't have a problem with it I just don't

·
Registered
5,061 Posts

My friend is shooting 70 pounds and was using four or five inch vanes. I put Blazers on them, he was now shooting three to four inches higher. So, if anything you might gain some speed.

I use nothing but Blazers.

·
Registered
615 Posts

why not just dip them in paint? then refletch? thats what i used to do....... but since lighted nocks came out i see no use for it anymore. a good lighted nock with your same set up would be better! i used 100% acrylic exterior house paint.took a 1" pvc pipe with cap glued on one end[about 14" long]. . fill with paint dip shaft ... dry between coats..... glue fletchings on. very durable.. only added about 20-25 grains to shaft about the same as a lighted nock!

·
Registered
579 Posts

I think that Blazer makes Wraps with the Vanes right on them just dip in hot water and your set to go.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts

Ive noticed that blazers seem to fly straighter in my set up. you dont notice them wobble nearly as much. Im switching all my arrows to blazers this year.

·
Registered
675 Posts

Wraps add about 10 gns to your arrow. I'd watch arrow flight more then worry about the little bit of speed. As long as your still at that 15% F.O.C. you should have no worries.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts