The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone make reflective bolts ??? would be help full in trying to locate them after dark with a flashlight if needed ??

·
Registered
52 Posts
What about bolts with lighted nocks?
Field and Stream has a sale on them: 3 for $20.

I've used them for several seasons now.
I like the way you can trace the path of the bolt in the air to see the point of impact on the deer.

They claim to glow for 24 hours after being shot.

·
Registered
21,317 Posts
I don't use lighted nocks with a compound and probably never will.However,I think they're very useful with a top end crossbow.My son hunted with a crossbows for a few years and the first couple of deer he shot,we never saw the impact.I bought lighted nocks and it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I don't use lighted nocks with a compound and probably never will.Howevenr,I think they're very useful with a top end crossbow.My son hunted with a crossbows for a few years and the first couple of deer he shot,we never saw the impact.I bought lighted nocks and it made a world of difference.
Curious as to why you don’t use them with your compound? I’ve found a couple arrows that I never would have without the lighted nock.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I use lighted nocks with my bow to hunt and for long range target practice, nothing finer for seeing your arrow flight in my opinion. I tried some cheap ones from amazon on the crossbow we have here for the family to use and they were not good quality, some broke upon shooting, some on impact, some didn't even light up. I don't think they are as useful on a xbow personally, but then again, I hunt with a compound mainly so I am probably biased.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts