The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear from other members that run their own businesses The actual losses to Reeds bottom line is far greater than the loss of profits from the show not going on. Which is probably substantial because they own the show and not just paid a fee to run it.

1.They are out part of or all the rent on the Farm Show complex
2.Out all expenditures for advertising on this site tv newspapers radio internet
3.All the people that pre purchased tickets for the most part did it with there credit cards and the cards get a rebate from the vendor.
4.Contracts with vendors who would of provided services to the show
5.Since this was caused by an arbitrary decision by Reeds and not a natural disaster or national emergency there will be lawsuits from exhibitors that can show actual damages being stuck with excess inventory or they have been exhibiting at the show for a certain number of years and the show was responsible for say thirty percent of their yearly sales and for outdoor related companies their brand may be damaged by the controversy. This is the state where Phila. lawyers reside.
6. The damage to the show's brand which Reeds owns but also to Reeds brand. Other non gun related groups that use Reeds to put on their shows may worry about being pulled into the controversy.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are a huge multinational company this may sting but will no break them.

I would add the promotion with Bonnier publishing for their magazine subscription deals with the purchase of tickets. It will cost them tens of thousands of subscribers.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
The hospitality industry of Harrisburg and the larger Harrisburg area might want to talk to Reed in court as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reeds biggest loss may never be seen, only felt. Look at their blunder from their prospective clients view point or perhaps their competitors. Dog eat dog in their business. Millions will be lost.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I`m also hoping that the Liberal idealest , that first came up with the AR ban, gets send down the Road!! Maybe next Year a friendlier City can be chosen to host the show....

·
Registered
763 Posts
Reed puts on the show for the PGA ,Restaurant,vision,Pax east?,and a security in the next few weeks. What will happen at all these show. Now that word is out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
saw on another site that Progressive Ins my have been the driving factor in the ban on the ar's and related gear. If you took notice they are the only major sponsor of the show to not back out

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Speculation on the cause shall always be just that - speculation.

Don't ever expect anyone to ever provide that information with any credibility. Just isn't going to happen.

Basically this is in the category of what insurance tag was in the ear of the coyote or mountain lion realm. Many in coming years will offer up the person, org, or company - none will be able to prove it. However, each version will have a core following.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Reeds real losses may not be seen until next year.
And the next year.
And the next year....

·
Registered
186 Posts
there was an estimated 80 million dollars lost to the cancellation of the ESOS (i.e. hotels, ticket sales,food sales, exibitor sales, booth sales ect ect) LMAO thats funny good luck to reed brothers --liberal jackwagons

·
Registered
12,368 Posts
How much of that loss is loss to the vendors and progun folks who depend on the show for substantial parts of their business. Of course the outfitters and guides who just lost 30% of their business doesn't mean squat to you guys.

Just exactly how much loss is there to the anti-gun folks? Darn near none! Boycotting and killing a pro hunting show because they were not pro gun enough to suit you was misdirected at best.

Do you seriously think Feinstein and obama care if you destroy other progun entities?

You have done no harm to the anti gun forces. You have destroyed and financially damaged a thousand pro gun and pro hunting vendors.

If the same energy was directed at an entity that was actually anti gun, you would have something to crow about.

Instead you quibble with others who are progun, but just not as much as you would desire.

·
Registered
186 Posts
zimmerstutzen said:
How much of that loss is loss to the vendors and progun folks who depend on the show for substantial parts of their business. Of course the outfitters and guides who just lost 30% of their business doesn't mean squat to you guys.

Just exactly how much loss is there to the anti-gun folks? Darn near none! Boycotting and killing a pro hunting show because they were not pro gun enough to suit you was misdirected at best.

Do you seriously think Feinstein and obama care if you destroy other progun entities?

You have done no harm to the anti gun forces. You have destroyed and financially damaged a thousand pro gun and pro hunting vendors.

If the same energy was directed at an entity that was actually anti gun, you would have something to crow about.

Instead you quibble with others who are progun, but just not as much as you would desire.
just take this into consideration then.....if we didnt stand up for our rights over the sillyness of reed's discission to not have certain gun programs there. AND they would happen to ban certain fire arms. do you think certain outfitters would still be in business? what are they suppose to use freaking sling shots & spears to kill deer bear and ducks.
now given that....there are alot more people killed by drunk drivers every year but you dont see them getting rid of the vehicles or BEER AND LIQUIOR DO YOU!!! no you dont.
you are right though ...these outfitters probably did lose 30% of their business do to the fact that REED BROTHER'S decision to take a freakin liberal stand for what supports THEIR business,if we didnt stand up for our rights of the 2nd amendment then the outfitters would be outta business period, cuz there wouldnt be any guns

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
trapped71 said:
zimmerstutzen said:

just take this into consideration then.....if we didnt stand up for our rights over the sillyness of reed's discission to not have certain gun programs there. AND they would happen to ban certain fire arms. do you think certain outfitters would still be in business? what are they suppose to use freaking sling shots & spears to kill deer bear and ducks.
now given that....there are alot more people killed by drunk drivers every year but you dont see them getting rid of the vehicles or BEER AND LIQUIOR DO YOU!!! no you dont.
you are right though ...these outfitters probably did lose 30% of their business do to the fact that REED BROTHER'S decision to take a freakin liberal stand for what supports THEIR business,if we didnt stand up for our rights of the 2nd amendment then the outfitters would be outta business period, cuz there wouldnt be any guns
This is just so basic.

If the promoter just ran the show like they always did instead of trying to "appear" to be sensitive to what they thought was public sentiment, everything would have been fine.

Instead, they chose to make a political stand and it blew up on them.

There is no such thing as being "pro gun enough". The gov't has no business telling civilians what kind of guns they can and can't own. There's already a TON of bureaucracy with guns, any more will just make it like the tax code.....Silly.

The Point: The sports show should have just did business as usual, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. They made a statement, and we all have made ours. Now the show is cancelled. OOPS!

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm sure they may have insurance against this?
I'm sure they are gonna say they took the high road outta concern for safety.. Given their opponents proclivity & the current emotion in the country...

·
Registered
186 Posts
your right WC they SHOULD'VE just "had the show" and like you said everything would have been great i totally agree.

·
Registered
376 Posts
zimmererstuten At first I was all for the boycott of the show.The more thought I gave to it my attitude changed.In the long run we may have did much more harm than good.If Reed would have changed their policy I would have thought we won but they didn't.We didn't win anything.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Zimmerstutzen and wild willy, how many times must this be said.

NO ONE DID ANYTHING THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

If it was WRONG why did so many agree?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nobody said it didn't have be done we were put in a spot where something had to be done.I'am as strong as supporter of second amendment rights as anyone. We made a point that needed to be made.But at a big cost to pro-gun business and the local economy.I think the win would have been if Reed would have changed his policy.Have you given any thought why they didn't.Don't be too surprised if the antis don't try to twist it around and make us the bad guys.What did it cost you the price of a ticket?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts