The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a exhibitor at the following shows
INTERPHEX JACOB JAVITS NY,NY WORLDS LARGEST PHARMACEUTICAL SHOW.

MD&M. JACOB JAVITS NY,NY. WORLDS LARGEST MEDICAL DEVICE SHOW

SEMIWEST SAN FRANCISCO CA. LARGEST AND BEST SEMICONDUCTOR SHOW IN US.

AWS/FABTECH..CITIES CHANGE YEARLY,CHICAGO,DETROIT,CLEVELAND,LAS VEGAS...SECOND LARGEST WELDING FABRICATION SHOW IN THE WORLD.

POWGEN.CITIES VARY MOSTLY MIAMI FLA.WELL ATTENDED NUCLEAR POWER GENERATION,FOSSIL FUEL POWER GENERATION SHOW.

ESSEN WELDING SHOW.ESSEN GERMANY.WORLDS LARGEST WELDING SHOW.

Not sure one booth cost for a outdoor show.But atleast a$25,000 hit for our Booth,shipping,$25 rented plastic trash cans$50 plastic potted plants....

ONE THING IN COMMON ALL REED.

REED could careless imo.Probably not worth the .......

REEDS willingness to throw in the towel and pull out actually gave more Press.it's a huge win/win for gun rights.

·
Registered
869 Posts
What is your point? I don't care if they gave one red cent to anti gun movements. They buckled under pressure from the anti gun crowd which is just as bad in my opinion. You can make as many posts as you want on this subject but the fact remains. The american sportsmen have spoken as a group on what we think is right, and a lesson has been learned.

·
Super Moderator
29,198 Posts
Reed made a politically motivated anti-gun decision, and chose to stand by it. This may not hurt them directly, but it surely is going to hurt local businesses as well as the small-time vendors that would've been selling their wares. They (Reed) chose this path, they should be held accountable.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
boli said:
What is your point? I don't care if they gave one red cent to anti gun movements. They buckled under pressure from the anti gun crowd which is just as bad in my opinion. You can make as many posts as you want on this subject but the fact remains. The american sportsmen have spoken as a group on what we think is right, and a lesson has been learned.
Amen!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
In case you haven't noticed, Nobody cares about Reed either.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Point
Reed Gave otherwise unachievable Press by pulling out.
my other Point
Reed imo could careless of a outdoor show.Buckling under pressure doubt it Ya know how many Anti Nukes out there a bunch and they run NUCLEAR shows.

my third point Reed is a Huge Worldwide Promoter.Sportsmen show chump change to them

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Boot Reeds and lets hope another vendor steps in and take the show over, I'm glad sportsmen/women stepped up and didn't bend on this issue.......unless Corbett is selling the show grounds to another British company...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Muzz said:
In case you haven't noticed, Nobody cares about Reed either.
No have not noticed...Have you read the other 100 posts on the subject.

Anyway in some way I feel some sense of Hostility...Like some folks on here ready locked and loaded to attack....could careless friend or foe .Just let me at em attitude...

Later.Chair Lift at z top.Got a few more runs before 10

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doesn't take long to start a feeding frenzy.Some of these cats must sit in waiting to try and strike.....lol

Yo ACE ,Got C out on the slopes tonight.
18 years of MotoCross has weakened me abit this guy is whipped.

I'll give you a call interested if you ever hooked up with that property in Berks.

I'm done for the year.Racked the Bow last Saturday.Very Good Year.

BTW how can you ban me from the BB for posts on here Lol

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
How many people would have stayed away from the Outdoor Show because of those "evil black rifles"?

Reeds made the decision to not allow these rifles or accessories to be displayed so as not to OFFEND anyone.

Sportsman and vendors made the decision not to attend or support the show due to their stance.

There has been an all out attack on AR rifles since Newtown, with tons of lies and misinformation thrown out there to terrify and scare people.

Reeds decided to jump on the bandwagon and decided to take the PC route and ban these types of weapons from their show. Now they are paying the price. They probably don't care in the long run but the message was sounded loud and clear that we will not support this attitude.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
200,000 people at $14 a head, I'm thInking it's going to hurt them a little. Plus 1,200 vendor spaces @ $2,500, give or take. Close to 6 mil lost, plus the potential loss of the shot show and in general, time lost, publications, advertising, and all other costs they've put out to date in prep for the show.

I don't care how many other shows they have, it's going to hurt them some.

There is still a potential for lawsuits, frivolous or not, that is going to cost them in legal fees, potentially!!

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Everyday Hunter said:
TraskOutdoors said:
Reeds made the decision to not allow these rifles or accessories to be displayed so as not to OFFEND anyone.
You sure about that? Maybe it was because they were bullied by the anti-gun lobby.

Steve.
They (Reed) ran the SHOT Show in Vegas recently with the same weapons on display that they did not want displayed in Harrisburg??

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
The difference between the SHOT show and ESOS is that you have to be an industry insider or a media member to get access to the SHOT show. Average Joes off the street are not permitted.

More than likely, they were under heavy pressure, as Everyday suggested, to ban those certain types of rifles so as not to OFFEND or SCARE anyone who may be there to look at framed butterflies or alpaca rugs. There were likely afraid of some backlash when somebody complained because they were "emotionally injured" when they saw one of those evil black rifles.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
First off... Reed should have never banned these weapons from the show.
Second, they could have reversed their decision had they really cared about the potential loss to our community.

Instead they blamed gun owners for the cancellation and remained in hiding and deceiving people along the way.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Unless Reed explains their reason for their decision to ban modern sporting rifles we will never know why they did it.

If outside pressure was applied to see if hunters supported the assult weapons ban I hope they liked their answer.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
The unfortunate thing is that we stood up for our rights to send a message, but thanks to the liberal media and an ignorant electorate, WE are being made out to be the bad guys once again.

They are pointing their fingers at us and the firearms industry and acting as if we are being the big meanies that they always tell America that we are. Now come the sob stories from them about how many people are "suffering" because of a "small minority" of gun zealots...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Peppy said:
Everyday Hunter said:
TraskOutdoors said:
You sure about that? Maybe it was because they were bullied by the anti-gun lobby.

Steve.
They (Reed) ran the SHOT Show in Vegas recently with the same weapons on display that they did not want displayed in Harrisburg??

The difference with the SHOT show is that it is put on by reed but it is for the NSSF and reed has to do what the NSSF wants them to do.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts