The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-weight: bold">Reed Exhibitions</span>, the group who holds the Harrisburg Show in February, <span style="font-weight: bold">will not allow any tactical weapons to be displayed or advertised.</span>

This could also disallow the sale of raffle tickets, etc. if one of the prizes is such a weapon.

<span style="font-weight: bold">
They are claiming it’s a “hunting show” and thus these types of firearms will not permitted.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Please spread the word and contact the shows promoters and let them know how you perceive this attack on our 2nd Amendment.</span>

Emails, letters, or phone calls may be made to:

Reed Exhibitions USA

383 Main Avenue

Norwalk, CT 06851

Tel:1-203-840-4800

Fax:1-203-840-5805

Email:[email protected]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Be sure to reference the Harrisburg show in your message.</span>

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Be sure to copy and send this to everyone on your email contact list that understands shooting is an outdoor sport.

The Harrisburg Show is titles as, "Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show"........ not the Eastern Hunting Show.

Last time I was there and cared to look - shooting was an outdoor sport.

Reed needs to stand with sportsmen.. hunters and shooters instead of bowing down to the political pressure of the anti gunners.

Let'em know they fouled up!

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
It seems that anytime I go to the gun show in Harrisburg, it is monpolized with assault guns and accessories...But the Outdoor show?.....It will get packed anyway..This won't keep the throngs away!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eastern Sports & Outdoors Show Management

Group Vice President

Ed Several

p 203-840-5932

fax 203-840-9932

[email protected]

Event Director

Chris O'Hara

P 717-368-7487

Fax 203-840-9868

[email protected]

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talking about the Eastern outdoor and sports Show - not the twice or three times a year gun show. Totally different.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Blue tick,
I was just on the Eastern Sports show website nd could not find any reference to this ban.

Where was this stated? Are we sure it is a definite decision?

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not on their show site. This is coming from vendors so notified.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<span style="font-weight: bold">Eastern Sports & Outdoors Show Management

Group Vice President</span>

Ed Several

p 203-840-5932

fax 203-840-9932

[email protected]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Event Director</span>

Chris O'Hara

P 717-368-7487

Fax 203-840-9868

[email protected]

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Bluetick said:
They are claiming it’s a “hunting show” and thus these types of firearms will not permitted.
Plenty of people HUNT coyotes with AR style rifles.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
This should be interesting.

If folks get a case of the because of this and decide not to go to the show, one who just wants to get aquainted with his or her guide could get around rather easily.

cuss word abbreviations or symbols not permitted

·
Registered
25,728 Posts
This is what was on their press release site last fall. Note their boast about a "tactical" section:

26 Nov 2012

ALL NEW FOR 2013

The Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show Features More New Products, More Gun Manufacturers, And Improves Ways To Visit The Show

HARRISBURG, PA — Everything you love about the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show plus hundreds of new exhibitors, features and celebrities makes the 58th edition the can't miss event of the year. The 2013 Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show takes place February 2-10, 2013 at the State Farm Show Complex, Harrisburg, PA.

More than 200 new exhibitors showcasing guns, archery, fishing, and boating, along with many new products, show specials <span style="font-weight: bold">and a new Tactical Gun & Accessories Section highlight this year's event</span>. In addition, the Show has made it easier to navigate the Show floor with color-coded halls, an on-line pre-show mapping program, and an easy to use mobile app.

Returning by popular demand will be the "Sportsman's Shop Gun Alley" featuring more gun manufacturers, gun representatives and gun retailers than ever before– such as Ruger, Thompson/Center Arms, Benelli, Stoeger, Smith & Wesson and new exhibitors Cross Canyon Arms and LHR Sporting Arms.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Last year their tactical section was very popular. I had to wait in line to get my hands on a few guns. I can not believe they would give that up.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I sent a tweet to, mike Waddell, Tiffany lakowski, the kisky's, Ted nugent, Dave Blanton, Ralph and Vicky, tbone, Jim shockey and eva to name a few. Told them if this is true and they support the show they are damaging the outdoor community. All of them were scheduled to appear one way or another.

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
steelstalker said:
I sent a tweet to, mike Waddell, Tiffany lakowski, the kisky's, Ted nugent, Dave Blanton, Ralph and Vicky, tbone, Jim shockey and eva to name a few. Told them if this is true and they support the show they are damaging the outdoor community. All of them were scheduled to appear one way or another.
Nice. A good idea. When the big names start barking, things can happen.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I wrote the following on their facebook page:

I am greatly disappointed by the management's decision to prohibit the sale of "tactical gear" at this year's show. As such, I have decided to boycott this show indefinitely.

I am surprised by the management's illogical decision and move to perpetuate the attack on our 2nd Amendment rights.

Please feel free to use any or all of this post in your own post to their facebook page.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Open Letter (I emailed this evening) to Senator Richard Alloway, Senate Game and Fish Committee Chairman:

Senator Alloway,

Congratulations on the reappointment to the Senate Game and Fish Committee Chairmanship.

I know that in years past, as Chairman, you have attended the Eastern Outdoor Show kick off. Great photo opp, and I do not fault you for doing so.

However, this year I ask that you do not attend the show in any capacity. Either as a senate chairman, or as a member of the NRA.

Reed Expo, the managers of the Eastern Outdoor show (EOS) have notified various vendors that the announced "Tactical Gun & Accessories Section" to be held in the Wild West Hall is being canceled and that "tactical weapons" are not allowed at the show.

In other words, their November 2012 press release:

.......More than 200 new exhibitors showcasing guns, archery, fishing, and boating, along with many new products, show specials and a new Tactical Gun & Accessories Section highlight this year's event.......

Then:

"We are excited to welcome Ruger, Cross Country Arms and LHR Sporting Arms. LHR will be unveiling their very first rifle," said Chris O'Hara, Event Director for the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show. O'Hara also notes that there will be a NEW "Tactical Gun and Accessory" section added to the Wild West Hall.

http://www.easternsportshow.com/en/Press...Visit-The-Show/

Has been withdrawn, and no public notice has yet been given.

Please - verify this with the NRA. I know you have a direct line to the regional Rep and others. So easy for you to verify.

EOS has caved into the political correctness surrounding our gun rights. To assist them by appearing and giving any support to those that do not support our gun rights would be unconscionable. Worse, it would fly in the face of your "A" rating from the NRA and the trust sportsmen have in your leadership on their issues.

We are, indeed, all in on the protection of our gun rights and our way of life. Supporting the decision by EOS to deny the legitimacy, need, or usefulness of a weapon based on perceived reputation and looks, or the current political climate at the expense of those supporting them and the longevity of the EOS over the years would be a disservice to sportsmen and gun owners across the state and beyond.

Signed

Notified the letter was posted in this thread with a link.

Senator Alloway can be contacted at [email protected] if you would like to echo or respond to my comments.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts