The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is after I took the fillet knife just down to the back bone 1/4-1/2 inch depending on the size of the trout. I slowly "peeled" the meat off the bone, gently spreading the trout as I went.

Here's the bone with next to no meat left on it.

The finished product.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The trout really dont look yellow, dont know why they came out that way in the pictures.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About 1 minute per side, give or take 10 seconds or so depending on your microwave.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank Redwolf23, its his technique, I just posted some pics of it being done

·
Registered
813 Posts
That a boy! that's great! im so glad you got this to work for ya! Now you can share it with your friends and family! Thanks so much for the pics Ghost! Ill post some also when when get a chance to do a batch. I hope many people learn this trick and use it that would be great, this trick is pretty cool, Now some may just stick to filleting and that's fine im not against it cuz it would be a little faster then this trick but I just like this better cuz you don't waste any meat.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I fried up a couple of the trout I prepared this way, YUMMY!!! not to mention it is so awesome to take a huge bite and not have 1 single bone!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I just tried this method tonight and it worked perfectly. Thanks Redwolf23 for sharing. This was definitely the best way I have ever prepared trout. No bones! Which is a first for me.

·
Registered
813 Posts
hahhaa That's awesome! Im so glad to hear you had success with it Firecat!! Thanks for the Reply! Now if it only worked for Deer. LOL

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm glad it worked for you as well! Thanks so much for the positive feedback!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts