The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting enough face slap from my Browning O/U that I need to investigate ways to get it reduced or eliminated. Should I add weight to the butt, go with some sort of stick on cheek pad or what would you folks suggest? I had a Bearclaw slip on years ago for another gun that I had the same issue with and found that it did not help and was a PITA to get on the stock.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
JD,

Please don't take this wrong, but the Browning's I have shot were not cheek slappers. Is the LOP not right for you?

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Retired_Rusty said:
JD,

Please don't take this wrong, but the Browning's I have shot were not cheek slappers. Is the LOP not right for you?
Sorry for the delayed reply (short term memory issues on my part). But seriously, the LOP on this gun is the same as on all my others; shotgun or rifle. I added 8 ounces of lead sinkers in the stock and an adjustable recoil pad but have not fired the gun since then. I had a Browning Sporting Clays years ago that I had the same problem with. I had a "soft comb" built into the adjustable cheek piece and this worked in warm weather; but as soon as cool temps arrived it stiffened up and I was back to getting whacked.

·
Registered
553 Posts
It's my understanding that face slap is caused by the gun not fitting you correctly in some manner. If your LOP is correct the comb may be too high or low, etc. It could be in how you mount the gun also. My suggestion is take it to a QUALIFIED gun fitter and he should be able to fix the problem. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts