The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out for the morning this Monday 2/7-2 spots, will be in southern Chester county. I leave from Pottstown area if that helps anyone. I have afternoon obligations and will be done by 10:30 or so. If interested pm me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Matt good luck and have fun. Couldn't make it on Monday or I would of jumped on the offer, hopefully next time. Keep in touch

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Deuce280 said:
We need something like this on the western side of the state!
The red tag program is statewide.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Send a SASE to the SWRO and they will send you the list for the region.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
An easy version: farms who cooperate in a program get red tags to harvest deer, so a red tag hunt is hunters using these red tags with the permission of the farmer.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It might help to know the official name -- Deer Depredation Permit. We had to to key that in to find the relevant page on the PGC website. It's a good program.

·
Registered
695 Posts
stop shooting doe! my buddy did a red tag hut a coulpe yrs ago...do yu know how grown the fawns are in Feb? well he showed me first hand..brought back the babies..10 inche long and visible nipples on one and balls on the other..made me sick...do you really need deer meat that bad?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
sticker said:
stop shooting doe! my buddy did a red tag hut a coulpe yrs ago...do yu know how grown the fawns are in Feb? well he showed me first hand..brought back the babies..10 inche long and visible nipples on one and balls on the other..made me sick...do you really need deer meat that bad?
Really!? I have a lot of friends that hunt and I would never speak poorly of a legal harvest, and I know my friends aren't like J. Dahmer and bring back the babies to show and share.

·
Super Moderator
29,168 Posts
sticker said:
The Red Tag program is about killing deer to prevent crop damage. Those that don't understand that this is not about hunting, need not apply.

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
sticker said:
The deer are killed because of damage that is being done to the landowners crops. That is why the program exists. Meat, is secondary but appreciated by those hunters that are doing the service for the landowner.

Your characterization of the hunt plays into the antis hands.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts