The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading to the beach next week (not my kind of vacation). I was wondering if any of you guys ever used a JetSled to get your stuff on the beach. I have a needy wife and two kids. To much stuff for me to carry. What are your thoughs.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Should work fine.
Unless its a wide wheel cart, you'll be puffing.
Used to use one of those fold up wire laundry carts:
Skinny wheels kept digging in.

Can also use a child's plastic toboggan .

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fish the beach every morning before she gets up. We go every year and I fish at least every day - sometimes the evening as well. If you can't beat'em join'em

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Fishing Pole said:
Fish the beach every morning before she gets up. We go every year and I fish at least every day - sometimes the evening as well. If you can't beat'em join'em
x2. I hate the beach also, but my wife loves it and she doesn't complain about my hunting and fishing so who am I to complain about having to go to the beach. We are at Fenwick Island this week and I even got a fishing charter in today and caught a bunch of fish.

BTW, all of the condos that we have rented have offered the use of a big wagon with wide wheels for the beach and you can haul lot's of stuff in them. They have wide wheels and go well in the sand. I've been pulling my son, our gear, our umbrella, a cooler and a bunch of my son's toys and pull it no problem.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
kudu58 said:
Fishing Pole said:
x2. I hate the beach also, but my wife loves it and she doesn't complain about my hunting and fishing so who am I to complain about having to go to the beach. We are at Fenwick Island this week and I even got a fishing charter in today and caught a bunch of fish.

BTW, all of the condos that we have rented have offered the use of a big wagon with wide wheels for the beach and you can haul lot's of stuff in them. They have wide wheels and go well in the sand. I've been pulling my son, our gear, our umbrella, a cooler and a bunch of my son's toys and pull it no problem.

Did you go on a headboat or a personal charter?

·
Registered
551 Posts
We use a kids' dime store winter sled with a rope attached to pull. Now, THAT's redneck. It's even got a hole in the bottom where it's worn away.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
cmc5028 said:
Did you go on a headboat or a personal charter?
It was a personal charter. Roger Quigley - Razorback Charters. Could have caught fish all day long and would have been great to have kids or beginners along.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
i used to hate the beach to ...until i convinced the wife that sept-oct. was the time to go. fishing is great and less crowds and water still warm for swimming.... now i love the beach.
then the wife discovered pier fishing and i cant get her off the pier. we spend half of our vacation filling coolers with blues and Spanish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts