The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Redfield scopes

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  tanner 
#1 ·
Is Redfield still in business? I wonder if they still honor thier life time warranties.. I have a 1982 scope I bought new and it when on the blink the other day... Any have any POC? Thanks

#2 ·
redfield repairs on vintage scopes are only done by one company and no matter what is wrong with the scope there is a flat rate of $85 repair, from a simple problem to a complete overhaul it's all the same $85 with a 6 to 8 month waiting period once they receive your $ and scope. if your interested in a repair send me a PM and i'll get you the company's name/adress/phone#. the new redfields are not the same company that made yours in the 80's

#5 ·
I had a used Redfield in the 70's that may have been ten years old.
It lasted some twenty years and went out of focus. The company had changed hands and didn't cover the old scopes.

I was still happy. The scope had performed well, for what I paid for it.

I see Leupold has taken over the brand name. The older companies no longer exist. New hunters ought to be happy the good "old" Redfields are now available. My opinion!

#6 ·
Thanks guys from what I read on Leupolds website.. it basicly what davepa said they offer a nominal discount on a new scope.. it was just a fix 4x Frontier model.. It severed me well... I'll just display it on the gun cabinet as a fond memory of the deer I shot with it.. Thanks for you helps guys... Later....

#7 ·
mus42tang said:
New hunters ought to be happy the good "old" Redfields are now available. My opinion!
A friend of mine just brought one of the new Redfields, a 2 x 7, for $100.00 from Cabela's. It is a nice scope but nothing like the older Redfields. BTW it is clear and the finish is excellent.

#8 ·
Basically, Leupold decided to get into the 'economy scope' business,after all, that's what folks can afford these days, and what better way to do it than to borrow the name of an old respected and renowned scope maker and market them under it...Then just sit back and watch the $$$$ roll in...Not that they're a bad scope, I'm not saying that because I'll probably end up with a few, but for Leupold to make a Redfield with the same , solid, field proven reliabilities as the old Redfields, the cost would put them up among the Leupolds and then the company would be competing against itself.

#10 ·
Big Ken said:
Basically, Leupold decided to get into the 'economy scope' business,after all, that's what folks can afford these days, and what better way to do it than to borrow the name of an old respected and renowned scope maker and market them under it...Then just sit back and watch the $$$$ roll in...Not that they're a bad scope, I'm not saying that because I'll probably end up with a few, but for Leupold to make a Redfield with the same , solid, field proven reliabilities as the old Redfields, the cost would put them up among the Leupolds and then the company would be competing against itself.
That's not a bad problem to have. I just picked up a new 2-7 Redfield and I like it a lot. Excellent light gathering properties, clarity and better than the old Redfields.

Stetam

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.