The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few Leupolds on my rifles and love them all. I was considering transferring the 3.5 x 10 Vari XII from my 300WBY to my 280 Rem since I use that gun more regularly here in Pa. I was considering topping the 300 Wby with the the RedField revolution 4x12 multi plex scope for the longer range, especially if I go out west in the next few years. Since the Redfields are being made by Leupold now, I wanted to hear from current owners if they have that same ruggedness, quality and backing that the Leupold name is known for and what myself has experienced firthand over the years. Your feed back is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Same Lifetime warranty as the Leupolds.

The Redfields are selling like crazy right now. They offer the standard duplex and accu-range reticles.

I compared a VX-II and a Revolution and truthfully can't see a difference in clarity, or brightness. Very nice scope for under $250!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just went on to the Cabela's website and it seems that there are issues with the length of the scope on a Rem 700BDL action. This would be going on my MarkV which is longer than a long action BDL. I think I may have a problem.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Extension rings will enable you to mount that scope on your Weatherby...a quick call to Leupold will tell you which rings you need....

If your dealer has extension rings in his inventory a trip there will fix you up....

Front and rear extended rings should definitely resolve any mounting issues....

The new Redfield line is meant to attract the low end buyer. Scope technology has come a long way and it appears these scopes are a winner for anyone not wanting to lay out a lot of $ to get all the latest and greatest features contained in much pricier glass....

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a chance to look at one today. Very clear and crisp optics. I believe I am going to purchase one in the near future.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
just bought one a week ago and shot with it yesterday, very clear, easy adjustments, and no difference in point of impact at different powers, love it! Mine is a 3 to 9 power

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I looked at one at Cabelas last week and also a Nikon Prostaff, got the Nikon. Redfield was clear but Nikon matched it for $20 less.

·
Registered
838 Posts
+1 on the Nikon. I picked one up on sale last year.

Looked at the Redfield and was please by it, but the Nikon price made the sale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts