The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Rem 760 which came with a Redfield 3x9 4-Plex Accu Trac Wide View 200-600 scope on it which I took off at least for now. It doesn't seem like a scope for a 760 as it appears to have some type of ballistic reticle. I wanted the gun so I didn't care if it came with a scope or not, but since I now have the scope, I was trying to find out some info about. Is anyone familiar with this particular scope? What is the quality like as I am not familiar with the older Redfield scopes? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have the exact same scope on my west german made weatherby in 270 weatherby magnum. it's been on there since my dad mounted it there in the 70's. Back in the day they were a kinda high end scope. They still have a pretty good following today.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have an old 4-16x Accu Trac, but it has not been on a rifle for years. I keep thinking I should have the reticule changed. If you wanna do the same, PM me and I will send you a list of scope repairmen who will do it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Some of these older classic scopes are highly sought after
by some who want them for certain guns. They can also bring
a good price on places like ebay. Personaly, id rather
somebody else have it who appreciates it as is for what it is than alter it. Then id spend the money on a see thru mount for the thrashing machine, I mean 760 lol.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I like that it is a classic scope but not sure if it something that I want to use yet or not. Anyone know what this scope would usually sell for in good condition? I have seen them on eBay for $150 all the way to almost $400 but haven't seen any actually sell yet to get an idea as to what the going rate is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts