The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw a group of guys hunting today walking thru the neighboring property to a red tag area(kinda looked like a drive) and there were 2 hunters waiting on the red tag area. they were dressed in orange and I guess they could have been yote hunting but why have orange on? guess what I am saying is what can prevent someone from driving a property that isn't in a red tag program toward a property that is?

·
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
buckmasters243 said:
Orange for safety. If they have permission for both properties then nothing matters everything is legal.
how can they drive deer from a non red tag property when it is not legal to hunt deer on that property?

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
they cannot be driving neighboring lands. the hunt must take place fully on red tag land. having someone push is taking part in a hunt. Call it in IMMEDIATELY if not sooner and let the WCO make the determination.

·
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMHO all they need to say is we ar coyote hunting and there is nothing that can be done. im not against farmers controlling the herd but I hate deer hogs even worse. the guys that are doing this shoot deer all season there is no need for them to be out there for more.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
actually.......for them to LEGALLY be red tag hunting, they had to be in possession of a red tag from the farm. Have the WCO check the lists
If they were carrying the tag, then intent was there and it should be cut and dry.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Years ago there was farm in my area red tagged, it was mainly all fields, so early morning or late evening was the only good times to hunt. Once there was a shot, all deer retreated to neighboring properties, some which were posted. Guys got to going on the other properties, like they were hiking or taking a daily walk, and pushing the deer back onto the farm. All the neighbors didn't want the deer shot, and it turned into a big headache for everyone. I seen the Wardens there a few times. The Warden said he was getting calls everyday, and even some of the Red Tag signs had been removed from the farm property lines and put further away, to make it look like the guys were actually still on farm property. The farmer gave it up, cause so many neighbors were upset about it, and folks driving across fields, etc.

·
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4c_game_chaser said:
actually.......for them to LEGALLY be red tag hunting, they had to be in possession of a red tag from the farm. Have the WCO check the lists
If they were carrying the tag, then intent was there and it should be cut and dry.
yes I agree but my guess would be the only ones with tags are the ones actually on the property

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
treestand91 said:
IMHO all they need to say is we ar coyote hunting and there is nothing that can be done. im not against farmers controlling the herd but I hate deer hogs even worse. the guys that are doing this shoot deer all season there is no need for them to be out there for more.
You are 100% right Tree.Their is no way they would get into trouble unless they admitted it or were seen with the hunters and then entered the neighboring woods.Heck,all that got to say is that they are goin for a walk.If they have permission to be on the neighboring property nothin can be done.I was goin to post this last nite but their was a server error.

·
Registered
19,811 Posts
Come on folks. This no different than turning the other cheek when you see someone stealing out of a car because the perpetrator can just lie and say they didn't do it or was just out for a walk.

The investigating officer will ask questions of each individual involved, review he story of the witness and look for any evidence in the field.

If enough is there, a case can be made. Sure the folks can lie but often times, when questioned by LE, stories begin to break down and the truth will come to light.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
good ole boy said:
treestand91 said:
You are 100% right Tree.Their is no way they would get into trouble unless they admitted it or were seen with the hunters and then entered the neighboring woods.Heck,all that got to say is that they are goin for a walk.If they have permission to be on the neighboring property nothin can be done.I was goin to post this last nite but their was a server error.
I agree if they do not g on the red tag property, nothing could be done. And the MC coyote hunt is this weekend there are thousands of dollars on the line and many do drive. Wearing orange would be good when the shooting starts.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
good ole boy said:
treestand91 said:
Just report it... The WCO's are good at what they do and can figure it out. Wringing your hands and saying there is no way to prove so I am not doing anything isnt the answer. Unless you are privy to WCO's investigation techniques you have no idea what they can prove.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts