The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the laws pertaining to red tag farms? Are they allowed to shot deer at night with a spotlight? Are they allowed to shoot any deer they want, buck or doe and if they shoot a buck do the antlers have to be surrendered? Also how many deer can they shoot per season, is it based off of acerage or estimated deer density or ???. Just curious if what some neighboring farms are doing is actually legal or not. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Red tag is daylight shooting only. Does only. Tag numbers are by acreage, and I think each hunter can only kill 2 deer?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, is there any crop damage program where shooting bucks is legal or shooting at night is legal? Thanks

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
yes there is.
The farmer or his full time employee may shoot at night for damage, Damage must be seen and approved by a WCO, all deer shot must be reported, one deer can be kept for the farm the others must be gutted and safekept to be picked up by the WCO.

If you have questions call and talk to your local WCO

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks R.W.J, I know this has been going on for some time now and when I questioned them, the farmer/business, they said they had permission through the PGC for crop damage, but i've never heard of anyone being allowed to do this so I had some concern and figured i'd ask here first.But it is not legal to keep any antlers acquired from this is it?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
no its not legal to keep the antlers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts