The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a nice red female & and young male grey here in South Western, Pa ... Both very pretty fur!

The Greys getting tanned and hung up and the red is getting mounted since I don't have a red mounted yet.

I just picked up the Boondock Outdoors Predator Pack last week ... By far the best lights I've ever used!!

My daughter loved both of them!! LOL

·
Registered
602 Posts
nice...glad to see someones been doing well down this way im on a little dry spell since before xmas...mcharlton i live about 20 mins from charleroi shoot me a pm if youd want to hunt sometime gets alittle old hunting alone lately

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Much fur damage? What bullet?

Sorry to ask so many qquestions but I am in the market for a calling rifle and I'm torn between a 22 Hornet, a .223 and the new rimfire cartridge that Winchester is putting out.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Springer Rage said:
Much fur damage? What bullet?

Sorry to ask so many qquestions but I am in the market for a calling rifle and I'm torn between a 22 Hornet, a .223 and the new rimfire cartridge that Winchester is putting out.
The red had some damage, but all the fur is there and can be repaired. The grey didn't have much at all ... I'm shooting Hornady 55grain V-Max ... It's all about shot placement, if you hit bone your in trouble. The red was above me when I shot her on a hill side, so the bullet exited by the top of her back, but nothing the taxi can't fix

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys ... I thought the grey was young but I guess I was wrong. He measured 2 1/4" from corner of eye to nose, 15" of girth and 25" tip of nose to beginning of tail ... Real pretty grey

1 - 20 of 27 Posts