The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious anyone here target the Fall red drum run?

I plan to put some surf fishing time in this fall on the Assateague VA surf.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First red drum of season reported by Capt Steves Bait & Tackle in Chincoteague, VA!!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Loggy,

Would like to join ya sometime over there in the surf if we are there at the same time!

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Loggy,

Would like to join ya sometime over there in the surf if we are there at the same time!
Hey...that would be great Bigguy. Couple years ago before I retired the slot size were running heavy(20-24" ave) and I thought once I retired I was really gonna hit them. Well...that run hasn't happened since!! lol Maybe this year is the year!!

Drop me a PM or email me when you plan to be down. So far this summer we've spent 4 weeks at our place as my Daughter had twins in May so we've been babysitting a lot which cut into our time. I'll PM you my email address.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
We caught several small black drum just south of you, outer banks, up on the beach road. We were only about 6 miles from VA border, guys said the red drum were there last week, some decent size too. All the black drum we were catching were fairly small, but super plentiful for sure. I could see bigger fish in the surf, but didn't get any takers once I put some bigger tackle on.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Headin down tomorrow for a few days. Reports of only big boy reds outside 18"-26" slot but those puppies could show up...you never know. 2013 was last vintage banner puppy run so hoping some could make a showing.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was down this past week & only a few large reds caught & no slots reported. The crabbing was decent so didn't starve!:smile2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts