The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I've got a new KelTec KSG bullpup 12ga I have nicknamed "the Beast"- great shotgun. I attached cheap flip-up AR-style sites on the upper rail and after 20 rounds through it
- the front site would flip out of position every other shot or so
- on round 20 the rear site, the pin in the "flip" mechanism fell out and the site disintegrated on me

Obviously not made for the recoil of the Beast

I'd love to put a red-dot on there, but have little experience w/them and have no idea how reliable they are on a firearm that has heavy recoil like this.

Any hints/suggestions?

Thanks!

BH

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
For a red dot you can't beat what Aimpoint offers. I would also checkout EOTech holographic sights. I find that I am a bit faster with more hits on target with a holographic sight.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Aimpoint if you can swing it, if not check out Primary Arms or Vortex for some cheaper alternatives.

I've run a Aimpoint Micro and Primary Arms Micro on an 870 and they both stood up to the recoil fine.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm fairly certain you'll have to go quality on that, ie namely the brands people mentioned above. The recoil would probably destroy most cheaper red dots. I've had a tru-glo $30 dollar red dot sight on my .300 blackout pistol and its held up but thats probably not as punishing as the recoil from that.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Spend the money the first time around and you won't always second guess if you made the right choice.

I'd look at the aimpoint t-1/h-1 or the burris fast fire 3.

The ff3 is a great little sight and will allow you to shoot quicker and more accurately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts