The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone viewing this. I recently got a TC Omega inline it had a rail mounted on it with no iron sights. I happen to have a Bushnell TRS-25 sitting around and was wondering if it would perform well or even withstand the shock from the charge. If any of you have tried a red dot on an inline, please let me know how it does.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have no doubt that a decent red dot would hold up on an inline, but with that being said i think you would be at a slight disadvantage if you were shooting any distance with your inline.

Most of the red dots are very little to no magnification, they dont gather light very well for early/late shot opurtunities. But it is your gun, and i have no doubt that it would work for ya, stick it on and try it out, thats realy the only way you will know.

Look through it in different lighting conditions, at different distances and see how it works for ya.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'll try it out and see, but first I have to buy a breech plug for it! JGR if I choose to go with a scope, is there a specific scope that you recommend for an inline?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Full disclosure the only TC I own is a Hawkins, my inline is a Knight. I have a Leupold UltimateSlam on it and love it. Started the cheap rout and had a fit with getting and keeping it sighted in, finally spent the money and have been content ever since. I would recommend this scope for any muzzleloader.

But I guess my 1st choice for a TC Omega would have to be the Nikon Omega. I mean it's made for the rifle.

But it's all about budget and what fits you. My brother has a Tasco on his and is content. When you find the right scope it's like finding the right woman, you just can't imagine being happy any other way (but less demanding and cheaper). I carry mine as many days during regular firearms season as much as I do my .25-06 or my .308.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts