The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how many guys are still clinging to the old red and black Woolrich?I still wear it with an orange vest.Remember starting out hunting and thats all I wore with out the orange vest.Do remember wearing a orange hat.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Still wear my woolrich. It was my Dad's before me. Orange vest orange hat.
Best and warmest stuff ever made with quality that stands the test of time,

·
Registered
240 Posts
All i been wearing hunting and trapping for over 40 years have a pair of Woolrich pants of my granddads he got in 1933 they lace up the side

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
My dad had the matching pants and coat.Not sure if he still does cause I think I might have heard of him talin about it bein dry rotted.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Some of the wool names we have had are Woolrich Johnson Mills GameHide Filson LLbean sears and Roebuck Montgomery ward all made wool hunting suits good old days

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Many years ago, my ex had bought me a reversible blaze orange and red & black Woolrich coat. I wore that for many years and it was a great coat. Sadly, during a divorce I stored some of my belongings at our family's cabin at Lake Nuangola and a mouse or two decided to chew their way into the box and through my coat. Guess they loved the wool, because it looked like swiss cheese.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I wear mine all winter, great cold weather coat!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
My grandpa wears it. I've been thinking about getting some before long just to be like him...and I'm 27 years old. Haha.

·
Registered
19,787 Posts
Every time I see someone wearing them the smell of mothballs comes to mind. Have not used them in many years. They were great till they got wet then they soaked up every ounce of rain they could hold, but still kept you warm but maybe it was that extra 125 lbs you were lugging around.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I still wear a Woolrich coat almost exclusively during rifle and flintlock season. Mine is green and black, purchased shortly I read about Larry Benoit for the first time.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Still have my Granddad's but haven't worn it lately. Slipped on an icy rock crossing a stream one year and fell in, that thing froze on my back like a sheet of plywood!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have the set,bought them 30 years ago off a guy who said they were his grandfather's.
I'm guessing they were made in the forties?
Any value?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Im a huge advocate of wool, i love my Woolrich, i have a red black heavy shirt, green black lined coat, and just snagged a brand new woolrich wool hoodie at the thrift for $13.
On a side note, if you like wool, you should look into a Stormey Kromer hat by far the greatest and most comgortable hat ive ever had, i just dont like the goretex lined.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My dad was married to his red Woolrich suit... On real cold years he wore his underneath a full orange suit... Must of been stuffy under there! I never wore one... But my dad could not hunt without Woolrich!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts