The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any good easy redbeet recipes. My wife wants to make some homemade redbeets and eggs for the family reunion and we are looking for some different recipes. Any and all are appreciated. Also when you do the beets when do you put in the hard boiled eggs? When they have been soaking for awhile or when the liquid cools? Thanks.......

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
flocknocker said:
Anybody have any good easy redbeet recipes. My wife wants to make some homemade redbeets and eggs for the family reunion and we are looking for some different recipes. Any and all are appreciated. Also when you do the beets when do you put in the hard boiled eggs? When they have been soaking for awhile or when the liquid cools? Thanks.......
flocknocker...I'll PM you a Recipe...but as far as when to put the eggs in...

We always put them in the pickling liquid as soon as it comes off the stove and into the container...we then let the liquid and eggs cool before placing in the fridge...
We have found that the pickling juice gets into the eggs a whole lot faster then if done when cool!

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Woodywoodduck said:
flocknocker said:
flocknocker...I'll PM you a Recipe...but as far as when to put the eggs in...

We always put them in the pickling liquid as soon as it comes off the stove and into the container...we then let the liquid and eggs cool before placing in the fridge...
We have found that the pickling juice gets into the eggs a whole lot faster then if done when cool!
We do the same. When it's still hot. We always have them in the fridge.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Get the Wife away from those Eggs and try it yourself without those red beets...

I bet if you tinkered around and made some pickled eggs along with cucumbers in that recipe I gave you, you will have many wanting your's over your wife's pickled eggs.....

Hey, your wife does know to shell the eggs before putting in the pickling brine, I hope? I know a guy who's wife made pickled eggs 1 time.. he pulled 1 out of the jar and went to take a bite and it STILL had the shell on it.....she never knew that you shelled the eggs before putting in the pickle brine!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woodywoodduck said:
Get the Wife away from those Eggs and try it yourself without those red beets...

I bet if you tinkered around and made some pickled eggs along with cucumbers in that recipe I gave you, you will have many wanting your's over your wife's pickled eggs.....

Hey, your wife does know to shell the eggs before putting in the pickling brine, I hope? I know a guy who's wife made pickled eggs 1 time.. he pulled 1 out of the jar and went to take a bite and it STILL had the shell on it.....she never knew that you shelled the eggs before putting in the pickle brine!
LOL, yeah she knows that much anyway.......well I hope...LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts