The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Zelly, I was looking at these heads myself and the price made me look elsewhere, I’ve heard good things about these heads but there are cheaper alternatives, I go to the hardware store and pick up some screws, nuts and wing nuts, I put the wing nut on first but upside down and then I put 3 nuts on behind that and that gets me around 145gr. Just a suggestion, but if you’re not worried about spending the money the G5 heads are good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha, I wish I would have looked at this sooner. I just bought a set of 3 at Lancaster Archery for $20, which I didn't think was too bad. I just can't wait to try them out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've used old broadheads, field points, spent cartridge casings, judos, steel blunts, and Ace hex heads, but never those. They should work well, too, but at that price I'd be scared to take a shot for fear I'd send it into oblivion.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I realize this is from a little awhile ago, but I have used adder heads behind combo points. they are inexpensive, but work very well. I've taken squirrel with them in the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts