The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My Buddy Ty got his score back from this buck 172 4/8 4th biggest buck ever taken in the state with a bow! First ever typical Boone and Crocket taken with a bow in Fayette County. The crazy part was this was Ty's first year bowhunting! WOW what a whopper. The best part of this kill was the fact this was a true Mountain Deer, taxedermist said it was only 3.5 years old. CRAZY

www.grobe33.blogspot.com

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Congrats to Ty, that looks like a perfect 10 not alot of deductions on that buck. To net over 170 in this state is a big accomplishment.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Very nice buck. I would be interested in sending a tooth out for aging and seeing how that comes back. Thats an awful lot of horn to grow that fast! Do you have any trail cam pics of him?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Very nice! I shot an 8 pt in the big woods of Fayette a few years ago that netted 148 looked very similar. Good genetics up in those woods.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Congrats....AWESOME Buck !!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ty didn't have any pictures but neighbors had some during the summer. They kept hush hush about it, the neighbors came once word spread on the giant and confirmed it was the "maybe 180 class" buck roaming around the neighborhood.

www.grobe33.blogspot.com

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Man thats a heck of a buck, He will have a hard time shooting one bigger than that in Pa in his lifetime!! Congrats to the hunter!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I would say to hang up the bow now...but what for..go get a bigger one. Awesome bunch of bone there. love to see the score sheet, just look at those tines
Tell your friend congrats from everyone here..

·
Banned
29 Posts
congrats to him! just proof that bucks dont need foodplots and all that crap to get big! this is my uncles 3.5 yr old mountain buck from last year

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
PB Outdoors said:
congrats to him! just proof that bucks dont need foodplots and all that crap to get big! this is my uncles 3.5 yr old mountain buck from last year

wow great buck! what WMU is that from?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
ok i will be the first to say it. that buck is not 172 inches. ok bash me but it is not. great buck but best i got is high 150's to low 160's

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would bet it is. The main beams are probably 25+" and the G-4's are very long. A lot longer than an average 10pt. Not a whole lot of mass but again more than a typical 10pt. Solid 170" no doubt about it.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts