The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive used the same arrows for 7 years now, carbon express 6075, with good results. This year however, two packs that were made with the new weight forward technology and the arrows seemed very brittle to me. I had a few shafts crack at the knock while target shooting and had three snap in half after i shot deer with them. I called Carbon express and they basically said that they werent gonna do anything for me and that they are not even making that model of arrow as of next year. I just wanted to know if someone could recommend a good carbon arrow to me that is not gonna cost me an arm and a leg? Im done with carbon express!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Easton Epic ST ...........Shot big ole aluminum arrows for years switched to these last year IMHO they are the best thing since canned hams.......Just picked up a dozen raw shafts for $64.00

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, now what shaft size should i get? Ive been shooting the 6075's from carbon express, what shaft size should i get in the gt pro's?

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
You probably need to be shooting a 5575 gt pro. gold tip generally runs a little weak in spine, depending on your draw weight, arrow length, and point weight, you may have to go up to a 7595. If your arrows are 30" or longer at 70# with a 100grain point, I would be shooting the 7595. Better to be overspined than underspined.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Buck Whisperer said:
Ok, now what shaft size should i get? Ive been shooting the 6075's from carbon express, what shaft size should i get in the gt pro's?
What is your draw weight, length, arrow length and broadhead grain weight?

Most likely a 55-75 Gold Tip Pro.

Anything smaller (35-55) is for really short draw lengths and weights, and anything bigger (75-95) is for extreme setups.

55-75's are right in your ballpark I'd say unless you are a really small person or shoot a bow that is very large and out of the norm.

Get the shafts for your setup and plug away...

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Victory Arrows are good

1 - 20 of 36 Posts