The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3 bedroom rancher with 1 bath, in Susquehanna County that I would like to add more liven space to. I am open to suggestions, and I have an appointment for Perez Building Design in Clark Summit to come over and check out the property.

I was looking for some feedback on Perez and if they would recommend them. I also would like to get other contractors to come out to the property.

I am not sure if I should put a large bedroom with another bath on the second floor so that maybe my wife would come up more often when I retire, during non hunting seasons. Lol. Another idea that I have is to put an overhang on the front and rear of the house to keep gear out of the weather.

My goal is to have this project start by next spring.
Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
10 Posts
Been a member for a long time but only the 3rd time that I was part of a discussion. I have a place in Northern Wayne County that a guy from Hallstead, Pa does all my work.

Tim Welch - Blue Ridge Better Builders
570 442-1152

Tell him Jon M referred him to you.

Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi Joe,
I know no one in that part of the state, but I've been a general contractor doing home remodeling for 25+ years. There are many ways to add living space to what sounds like your cabin. The 2nd story is one option, but since you mentioned retirement, as people age, most tell me they would rather not have steps involved. I've worked on quite a few second floor additions, and have to tell you they can be messy. You will have to get electric, plumbing and heating up there, which always results in some demo to the downstairs. Sometimes though its the best bet, depending on your lot ( some are tight to property lines, or other options)Other options are going out the back / side etc. , or perhaps finishing the basement if there is an existing one.

Your contractor should be able to give you some ideas on which would be the best options to gain the most square footage for what you want

1 - 9 of 9 Posts