The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

recommend excellent briar pants?

12K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  misfire1 
#1 ·
ive heard of the filson tin cloth...do they bend lol.? looking for a good true briar pant and coat with some sleeve protection. ill pay great money for great equipment

#2 ·
Ive had a few different pairs in my day. The best were probably my beretta field pants. A few things I always will look for in pants now are zipper bottoms so they go over my boots and are easy to get off and deep pockets. I have some Columbia now that I really dont care for due to the pockets are shallow and the back pocket barely fits my wallet and the bottoms of the pants barely fit around my muck boots.

#6 ·
Duluth trading has some really nice stuff they have both briar pants and loggers. That would work well I personally don't have either but wear their fire hose work pants everyday. They have a lifetime guarantee and are great. Plus when you call them. They ansewer the phone and English is their first language

#7 ·
I'm a big fan of the Mule clothing. I have both the pants and vest. They are the most durable/protective clothing when it comes to briars. Almost forgot I have a Mule oversized shirt as well, wear it as a jacket. Briars can't penetrate it.

#11 ·
I have Filson tin cloth pants which are stiff and heavy but never any penetrations and very little if any water absorption, Diluth- absorb water couple penetrations but are light, Mules- Seems they are not breathable and condensates on the inside in cold temps, light, waterproof so far and light also my favorite.

#13 ·
I primarily hunt areas dense with multi flora rose. I use the double layered carhartts and love them. I have insulated and not insulated pairs. There is not a thorn bush alive that can penetrate my insulated carhartt pants. Only disadvantage is they do not shed water in wet weather.

#19 ·
Filson Double Tin.

They are stiff, but the more they are worn the more flexible they become, and they shape to you as time goes on.

I've looked at the Mule brand, but fear with the Filson's that I'll never need to purchase another pair of brush pants again. Filsons are amazing!

#22 ·
Try Stone Creek Hound and Hunting, they make chaps and coats at their place, top quality at a reasonable cost. They are as good as it gets.

#23 ·
pt1e said:
Do you guys wear over jeans or just the pants themselves?
Unless, it's real warm I prefer fleece wading pants with a stirrup under my brush pants. I currently have a pair of cabelas brush pants. They are starting to wear through after 2 years, but I wear them over 100 days a year. I'm going to get either Dan's or mule bibs for the upcoming season.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.