The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Northern Allegheny county. The highly regarded Millvale Sportsmen's Club is less than 10 minutes from me, but it is not accepting new memberships.

Any recommendations for another club in the area?

Thanks,
-Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,715 Posts
Wow, I just checked and there is a long waiting list to get into Millvale SC. I have been a member for a very long time. I wish I could help you out, but I can`t even get my own brother in!! Since the population boom out that way it has been almost impossible to get in there. They have everything ya need in a club for the $$$$.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hadn't thought about it that way, but I guess about an hour is as far as I'd be likely to go on a regular basis.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,536 Posts
There is a Butler city hunting and fishing club (summit township), there is one in East Butler also. Another one to look at is Burnt Ridge, but that one is out towards Worthington.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
octagon said:
Wow, I just checked and there is a long waiting list to get into Millvale SC. I have been a member for a very long time. I wish I could help you out, but I can`t even get my own brother in!! Since the population boom out that way it has been almost impossible to get in there. They have everything ya need in a club for the $$$$.
Octagon - No problem. Hopefully, I'll bump into you some time when I'm up there for a training course or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pointers.

North Side Sportsman's Assn is only about 10 minutes away from me. 30-06kid (or anyone), are you a member or do you know anything more about NSSA?

The Beaver Valley and Butler ones are both about ~40 minutes away, so definitely doable, as well. It looks like the one in Butler is near Sportsman's Supply, too, which is a definite benefit.

We (son and I) signed up for a Hunter Education course in Tarentum in March, but it looks like that club is not accepting new members. Anyway, despite being closer as the crow flies, I'm pretty sure it is actually a further drive away!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
i just joined pardoe sportsmens club just off 79 north of 80. the regular membership is $25 and another $25 for the indoor pistol range which is 24/7. also have a nice fishing pond. if you have a spouse and kids then they are included in your membership. a bit of a drive for ya. my dad lives in seven fields and he just joined also. altra firearms is 2 miles from the club so thats nice

http://pardoesportsmens.com/

http://altrafirearms.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
northparklake2 said:
i just joined pardoe sportsmens club just off 79 north of 80. the regular membership is $25 and another $25 for the indoor pistol range which is 24/7. also have a nice fishing pond. if you have a spouse and kids then they are included in your membership. a bit of a drive for ya. my dad lives in seven fields and he just joined also. altra firearms is 2 miles from the club so thats nice
It does look nice. It's a little over an hour away though, and I'm never up that way for other reason, so that might not be the best choice for me... but it's tempting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oilcrk said:
Evans City has nice club ...ck it out.
I dropped them a line via email (as suggested on their website). It's not as close as NSSA, but still within 30 minutes so I'd be likely to visit often.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Woodworker - i used to belong to NSSA. They have a 300 yard rifle range. the range has roofing over the shooting benches. the have a pistol range separate from the rifle range. alos they shoot a lot of trap. You can even hunt on the property if your a member. big Club House. Frank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,637 Posts
Lawrence county sportsmens association off 18 near wampum.

If you live near Cranberry its likely less than 45 minutes.

600 yard range, skeet, trap, I think sporting clays, pistol courses

They have a website. http://shootlcsa.com/our-facilities.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
760 Posts
Dave,

Richland Sportsman's Club off of 910 is also still accepting members at this time. Clubhouse has an indoor .22 & archery range, pool tables, ping pong, shuffle board, etc and can be rented out to members only. They also have about 170 acres north of Butler that has rifle ranges (new ones being built currently), trap range and 1 acre stocked pond. Property is private & posted and only open to club members for hunting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,773 Posts
I'd also recommend you look into Northside Sportsman's Club in Warrendale. Their rifle ranges are nice and they have an indoor archery range and an outdoor 3D range as well. I'm not a member, but my buddy is, and I've visited a couple of times as a guest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
I have been to the West View sportsmanship club that has a Valencia address a couple times. I always thought it was pretty nice.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,072 Posts
HighCountry66 said:
Lawrence county sportsmens association off 18 near wampum.

If you live near Cranberry its likely less than 45 minutes.

600 yard range, skeet, trap, I think sporting clays, pistol courses

They have a website. http://shootlcsa.com/our-facilities.html
As soon as I saw the title, I thought LCSA.

Very nice club that offers more than most.

Their sporting clays range is great, a very nice 5-Stand tower, a 600 yard rifle range (few clubs shoot that far), a walking course through the woods with swinging steel targets for 22 rimfire and another for pistols, etc, etc.

www.shootlcsa.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Ambridge sportsmans association is about 15/20 min from millvale and has a private pay lake they stock as well as a great youth program and indoor rim fire/ pistol range as well as about 62+/- acres to hunt with stocked pheasant. 15min North of that is Rochester gun club. 15min north of Rochester is New Brighton Gun club.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top