The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need recommendations on adjustable recoil pads for my trap gun. It's a 12 ga Browning Citory CX that I currently have fitted with a Morgan #5 straight shoulder plate. The set up works okay, but its an old pad that I put on a new gun and I am looking for something that may be better in terms of adjustability, comfort and recoil absorption. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I have always liked the Isis Recoil System. Costs more than a regular pad but you can custom fit the length and you can set the system for light, medium and heavy springs. I have one on a Browning 425 and a Browning BSS.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I second the Isis system, just added it to a second gun

·
Registered
553 Posts
Almost everyone I shoot trap with uses one of the Graco models. My BT-99 has the standard Graco without the recoil reducer. It gives full comb and butt adjustment. Most of the shooters around here (Wernersville, PA) use Carl Holzman in Womeldorf for installation and fit. Top notch work and very reasonably priced. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hunter177 said:
Almost everyone I shoot trap with uses one of the Graco models. My BT-99 has the standard Graco without the recoil reducer. It gives full comb and butt adjustment. Most of the shooters around here (Wernersville, PA) use Carl Holzman in Womeldorf for installation and fit. Top notch work and very reasonably priced. Hope this helps.
Carl is still doing the fitting and installation work? He put on a soft comb for my Browning Sporting Clays years ago. He's a craftsman and a fine gentleman as well. Thanks for the tip on Graco too.

·
Banned
851 Posts
I would look at the jones stock adjuster. It goes up, down, toe in, and toe out. Depending the the exact model, they are $60-$80. I would cap that off with either a kick-eez pad or a gooey pad. Kick-Eez has always been the standard but a few of the guys at my club are switching to the gooey and like them better.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PA Waterfowler said:
I would look at the jones stock adjuster. It goes up, down, toe in, and toe out. Depending the the exact model, they are $60-$80. I would cap that off with either a kick-eez pad or a gooey pad. Kick-Eez has always been the standard but a few of the guys at my club are switching to the gooey and like them better.
Another good suggestion. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts