The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For certain specialty jobs it sure paid off the last two years.
First, I had to cut every third wooden ballistre before doing a paint job on a wooden deck two summers ago. Sure saved time and money I would have paid to have it done. Paid for the reciprocating saw on that one job.

Then I started cutting branches of some decorative trees (yearly) on the property. Sure beat a chainsaw.
Even cut down a 5 inch thick dead tree for some showing off.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
With both wood-cutting and metal-cutting blades and rechargeable batteries, there isn't much small cutting that you can't do with one!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I really like them but I have to disagree with pruning. If I cannot get it done with hand pruners I like the chainsaw first then the reciprocating saw second.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
LOVE our cordless one...LOVE IT.

It is in my truck all the time...take various blades. Use metal blade for deer processing, woodblade for cutting saplings when making/widening access access trails, just use it to fresh cut the stump of the Christmas tree, work on camp projects...LOVE IT!!

·
Banned
85 Posts
I have a cheap one from Harbor Freight for cutting up deer and cutting pallets. I'm surprised it has lasted 6 years!

·
Registered
362 Posts
As a full time carpenter and custom stairbuilder I can say there are instances where no other tool can do what a reciprocating saw can do in the same time frame. I personally have had the best luck with Milwaukee sawzalls. I also primarily use the "super sawzall" that has the longer stroke and an option of a circular cutting motion that really speeds things up on wood. Mine gets used and abused, dirty, wet, covered in mud and occasionally thrown. Two years ago it was used to cut up a caboose and has yet to give me any grief in its 9 years

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
By the way, anyone use a recip saw for cutting down carbon arrows? Been holding out for years on carbons.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
I think a sawzall with rip the heck out of carbon arrows.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts