The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a couple Elk steaks as a gift and I need a recipe for them...fire away

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
See the recipe for venison under cooking with beer above.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Marinate elk (or deer) in worcestchire and teriaki, with scallions. Brush liberally with evoo. Sear both sides on grill and reduce heat. brush both sides with maple syrup. flip steak repeatedly on low heat and continue to brush steak with syrup until syrup forms a crust. enjoy. This is on the grill I forgot to mention.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Pick a good marinade and use it.. especially if its a bull or a poorer/lesser cut of meat.
Guys in Co. swore by a butter milk bath to lessen gameness
Be careful not to over cook, and always let the meat rest before servin it up....
I love elk meat in stew and soups

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Soak them if you must, but I'd rather try and keep their original flavor. Take them and dip them in yellow cornmeal that has been heavily seasoned with seasoned salt. Cook in oil till a crust is formed on both sides. Put them in a baking dish, and put a little beef broth in with them for moisture. Sprinkle them with powdered onion soup mix, and add mushrooms if you like them. Bake them in the oven on low heat for an hour or so, check them to see if they need any more broth. Serve with a baked potato (lots of butter) and if you're into veggies, broccoli (and cheese sauce) goes good. A nice cold bottle of your favorite beverage and you're all set.

(If you're not too full, strawberry shortcake is a good dessert)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts