The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to upgrade the stock Proview scope on my TenPoint Titan Xtreme so I bought the Nikon a few weeks back and will install it once the weather starts to break. I'd like to upgrade the rings too, so I wanted to ask those out there who have found a good set of rings what they used. I know just about any rings suited for a rifle would work, but they should be compact enough to provide for the short tube length of the Nikon. Also, has anyone used the Nikon Spot-on computer program for the drop marks on the reticle? Was it fairly "spot on"? I don't shoot at deer over 30 yards, but was curious if the program is actually accurate at the extended drop marks. Thanks.

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
Hawke rings have always served me well. Two hex screws, lightweight aluminum and pretty inexpensive. I have not used the Nikon software but I found Hawk's ballistic software to be pretty much spot on. I suspect the Nikon software will be about spot on as well if you plug the proper parameters in.

·
Registered
561 Posts
One thing to watch for is not to get rings that are tall. The ones above are the height you want. I put a set of taller rings on my Tenpoint and I almost ran out of height adjustment.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I put the highest rings I could get on my FX4 with the range master scope. For some reason the butt stock on the tenpoints are high. No problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts